• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vps Question?

Uninvited

You told me that in vps i can host sites et.c could someone gimme a trial for 1 day to see how it is ?i searched in youtube but nothing comes up:S .and i could be possible to put one site up like phpB3 ?or something like dat...

ty for all ur opinions!

Hi,

yes you can create a site / forum like phpBB 3 on your VPS - but a (unmanaged) vps is not like "normal" webspace! Because you have to install a webserver (like Apache, lighttpd, nginx, etc), databases ( mysql,..), ftp, etc. You should care about your server security and having some linux knowledge.

Some german sites are offering free trial vps: https://order.server4you.de/pages/vserver-trial/ (4 days trial)

just saw couple of vps for free and if i can host a phpb3 for free then it could be cool just saw somewhere that if i post every 10 posts in their i could keep the vps something like dat and btw i cannot understand that site lol

There's lots of shared hosting services out there that would gladly host a PHPBB3 forum for you free of charge. The services of a VPS are usually only needed for content with a complex configuration or special requirements such as a game server or custom service, regular websites like blogs and forums are well suited to shared hosting.

There's lots of shared hosting services out there that would gladly host a PHPBB3 forum for you free of charge. The services of a VPS are usually only needed for content with a complex configuration or special requirements such as a game server or custom service, regular websites like blogs and forums are well suited to shared hosting.
Elaborating on the idea: Also for Web Hosting, which allows you to host other people, ect. (( cost alot more than shared hosting )), or stream live radio (( which also cost alot ))

Or use page redirects from CPanel to redirect automatically to your forum path.

i did that and worked :) btw if u want to participate with me in phpbb3 i will really appreciate it just add me in msn im accepting any suggestion and btw is there any rule which i have to know about php bb3?

Back