Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers!
The difference is that with normal shared hosting you are buying web space on a server. You can't install your own software and you have lower limits for your website. This is fine if you're just running a website that doesn't have huge amounts of traffic and don't need custom software. It's a lot cheaper to use shared hosting for most websites and a lot easier to use since you'll usually have access to a control panel such as cPanel.
If you have a VPS then you can install anything you wish however unless you have a managed VPS you're left to install everything yourself. This means purchasing your own licenses for cPanel, DirectAdmin etc and then installing everything and keeping it secure. The benefit is that although it's still a shared service you'll have your own slice of the servers CPU, RAM etc and have a lot more control over everything.
Be it managed VPS hosting or any other normal VPS hosting the advantage is the same. Let us have a quick look at some of the top advantages.
1. Root access: VPS hosting is a bridge between dedicated and shared hosting as it includes features of both. With VPS hosting the server is isolated from other servers. You have complete root access to manage your server and its resources.
2. Security: VPS hosting is always isolated like dedicated hosting, it provides top-notch security to the website. The entire website indeed shares the same physical server, as the IP address is dedicated to the individual server.
3. Performance: VPS hosting comes with HDD and SSD hard drive, however, every business owner opts for SSD VPS hosting as its benefits outweigh that of HDD, and also SSD VPS hosting improves the website loading speed and also improves the performance of the website.
Managed VPS Hosting
• Server maintenance and up-gradation is taken care of by hosting provider.
• It is slightly expensive cost wise but it is always the best choice for the beginners.
Unmanaged VPS hosting
• Your hosting provider will only take care of maintaining the physical server.
VPS is nothing but Virtual Private Server, where you will get dedicated resources like RAM, Disk Space and IP. Here you will get full root/administration access to the server.
If you go with shared Hosting these resources are shared between multiple sites along with network. In Shared Hosting you will get free control panel.
VPS is bridge between Dedicated Server Hosting and Shared Hosting.
If you are beginner then shared hosting is best for you.
If you server management or you are growing company continuously you can get VPS services.
Which type of web hosting is required for your website, it totally depends on your hosting resources requirements and budget. If you are looking to host a simple website or blog then shared or normal would bet the right choice for you.
For high traffic and eCommerce type of websites, VPS hosting is the recommended hosting service. It comes with a lot of good features and secured hosting environment.
So, you decide which hosting service you require.
VPS server is a brilliant technology that includes the features of both shared and dedicated web hosting. In the present scenario, a lot of organizations put forward this kind of web hosting service as it is an affordable and flexible option that goes well with every business requirement. Adding more to this point, it is a kind of money-saving technique that guarantees privacy and complete security.
10GB Hosting provide Cheap Unmanaged VPS Hosting and Managed VPS Hosting.
Unmanaged VPS Hosting, the business owner have to take care of all the server responsibilities and maintenance tasks, whereas, your hosting provider only takes care of the physical server and its availability.
In Managed VPS Hosting, your service provider takes care of server maintenance such as core update, software installation, backup, security and more. Thus, as a business owner, you do not have to worry about server management and can invest your time and concentration to further your business.
VPS hosting is suitable for larger sites and small organisations, whereas shared hosting is best for personal sites and startups.
VPS hosting costs more than shared hosting, but you gain more control over your resource restrictions, as well as increased security and performance.
Shared hosting, on the other hand, should not be an issue in terms of performance, and it is primarily geared for novices.
1. A VPS hosting plan is almost always going to be faster than a shared hosting plan simply because your users don’t have to queue up with other sites’ visitors to access yours.
2. There are numerous websites in a shared hosting environment that might possibly overwhelm the server. Since a VPS is hosted in its own environment, you don't have to worry about other accounts interfering with your site's access.
3. VPS hosting is often more expensive than shared hosting since the cost of shared hosting is divided among the numerous users of the shared server. VPS hosting has more resources and is more dependable, hence it is frequently more expensive. VPS hosting options provide additional premium features such as better performance and online business customizations.
4. If you have 10,000 visitors per month on average, a shared host will be able to sustain that amount of traffic. A shared hosting package, on the other hand, may not be able to keep up as your website expands and grows. Although shared servers have limitations in terms of their capacity to sustain rising workloads, VPS hosting plans offer almost limitless potential in this regard.
If you are looking for a VPS hosting company that offers the best, maximum bandwidth, there are many businesses on the market that can offer you limitless bandwidth. Check that any VPS provider you choose has unlimited bandwidth, excellent uptime, and quick page and website loading times before choosing them.
OwnWebServers is a highly reliable VPS hosting provider that for just $7/mo. offers you a VPS control panel and features like easy web script and OS installers. It’s ideal if you’re looking for semi-managed VPS hosting.