• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS Help!

gotlinks

I am considering going with a VPS. The only thing I really know is cPanel/WHM
and we know this is not free. Since I want to offer reseller hosting. Is there any alternate panels compared to cPanel/WHM that are free?

I am thinking the OS will be:

CentOS 5.5 32 bit

Thanks all

Virtualmin or Kloxo will be a good free alternative to cPanel.
These both are opensource softwares and works well with CentOS.

kloxo will be better for you. It's using only about 16MB RAM for the system. And it's very comparable to cPanel.

I would like to recommend you checking hotscripts.com. I think there you will be able to find some more + having unmanaged server will help your rich your goal.

Managed or unmanaged do not have huge difference at all by the price. So I suppose if you get managed solution with control panel that would be fine for you.

Depending on your VPS provider, you might be able to get it for around £5/month. I've seen DirectAdmin being given away for free with many VPS providers depending on the plan you choose.

[JSH]John;1111007 said:
Depending on your VPS provider, you might be able to get it for around £5/month. I've seen DirectAdmin being given away for free with many VPS providers depending on the plan you choose.

Joe's Datacenter gives DirectAdmin free on all of their VPS and dedicated servers.

Yeah, Virtualmin GPL does not support reseller offiically. though I found out on mine that you can create a sufficiently large plan that can be used as a reseller. It'd be a bit inconvenient though, as it lacks the automation on the user-side that an actual reseller support would have.

Yeah, Virtualmin GPL does not support reseller offiically. though I found out on mine that you can create a sufficiently large plan that can be used as a reseller. It'd be a bit inconvenient though, as it lacks the automation on the user-side that an actual reseller support would have.

What is the reason to violate the rules of the web hosting company.

What is the reason to violate the rules of the web hosting company.

I don't follow what you are saying.

The Virtualmin GPL I am using runs on my own dedi, I just noticed that a sufficient large plan could be used as a reseller of sorts if somebody was determined enough to do so. However it lacks the automation found in the professional version of Virtualmin that has official support for resellers, so it would be very tedious to manage.

for automation, if your good, you could try directadmin or kloxo?
directadmin can be cheap?

for example,
we charge
£5 for directadmin
£10 for cpanel
where as kloxo would be free.

i hope this helps abit?

for automation, if your good, you could try directadmin or kloxo?
directadmin can be cheap?

for example,
we charge
£5 for directadmin
£10 for cpanel
where as kloxo would be free.

i hope this helps abit?

I think in this case you will need to tell that to your customers and explain everything in details.

I am considering going with a VPS. The only thing I really know is cPanel/WHM
and we know this is not free. Since I want to offer reseller hosting. Is there any alternate panels compared to cPanel/WHM that are free?

I am thinking the OS will be:

CentOS 5.5 32 bit

Thanks all

There are free alternatives however for me cPanel cannot be compared with anything else - its simply the best.

Back