• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vps free (4 ram ,good connection?)

Uninvited

There r something like dat 4 free with any permision ?i just heard that a vps like that i can host my own mu server .

s) You may not use, create, play, or provide any server emulation, or Service where WEBZEN/WEBZEN, Inc. products or Services may be played. You may not communicate, solicit, use or otherwise distribute any utilities, emulators, applications, or other programs/software related to WEBZEN that does not have the express written permission of WEBZEN, Inc. to be used with the Service.

Not only are free VPSs exceedingly rare (Typically once in a blue moon when a service provider is having a promotion featuring 1-3 months of free VPS that later becomes a standard rate paid VPS after the promotional period) but hosting a private server for copyrighted game content is illegal.

Very few providers will allow you to host something like that at all, and as far as I know none of them will do so for free.

There are a few places offering them with very low specs. And you typically have to make a lot of posts and be very active on their forums.

I can offer you a master reseller without an initial set up fee? If you want to start a hosting company it gives you the base features of a VPS (such as ability to reseller reseller accounts) without the price tag. We offer a free master reseller with a $1 per paid client fee when you start making money from selling hosting (private account on the master reseller are free of charge). =]

I can offer you a master reseller without an initial set up fee? If you want to start a hosting company it gives you the base features of a VPS (such as ability to reseller reseller accounts) without the price tag. We offer a free master reseller with a $1 per paid client fee when you start making money from selling hosting (private account on the master reseller are free of charge). =]

I'm sure he'd appreaciate the offer, but he wants the server for mu online, not to make money selling hosting :evilb:

I am curious to know what part of NOT ALLOWED the hosts that are offering the hosting do they not understand.

He cannot host a Global MU server, period, unless he has written permission from Webzen, and they are not going to do that for a free host/client where it isnt making them money.

u should read before you post anything.
the OP is requesting for a free VPS to host an online game.
not a reseller hosting!

u should read before you post anything.
the OP is requesting for a free VPS to host an online game.
not a reseller hosting!

Well, the requester had pretty bad grammar in my opinion, So I wouldn't Blame him, Although most people wouldn't know what a MU online server was, but then again, if you read the other users posts you would find out this person was requesting a VPS, even though... i really think hes looking for a Dedicated and doesn't know the difference. Sorry for being so harsh. :shame: But, Already talked to him, and he doesn't really understand the difference at all. Maybe we should tell him to invest time into Google first, and look up the differences.

Also, The chances of getting a free VPS is rare, Sponsorship is hard to come around. And Free dedicated servers are, probably an extinct idea. No/hardly any host is crazy enough to lease a free dedicated server, maybe for a trial, but never for well, for keepers. Chances of this user getting hosted is very slim, hes going to have to buy a dedicated server for himself.

Good luck to any host willing. I sure don't have the room to experiment with unproven success. Gaming Private Servers are a Hit/miss/popularity combo.

the chain:
Get a Nice Servers => Get some users hooked => Make them donate some how => Get a Better server => Keep the users addicted with new content or events => Advertise => Get Users to create hype about your server => advertise some more => repeat until game gets unpopular.

Well thats my round up of how it went when i used to run "private" servers.

Last edited:
Also, The chances of getting a free VPS is rare, Sponsorship is hard to come around. And Free dedicated servers are, probably an extinct idea. No/hardly any host is crazy enough to lease a free dedicated server, maybe for a trial, but never for well, for keepers. Chances of this user getting hosted is very slim, hes going to have to buy a dedicated server for himself.

I disagree with you.

If someone have a good visitor base and some way to get clients to the sponsor, they'll surely help you out. (Even for a dedicated server.)
There are many websites which are hosted on sponsored VPS's and dedicated servers. Consider about WHT. You say they are on a shared account? :p

I disagree with you.

If someone have a good visitor base and some way to get clients to the sponsor, they'll surely help you out. (Even for a dedicated server.)
There are many websites which are hosted on sponsored VPS's and dedicated servers. Consider about WHT. You say they are on a shared account? :p

no, not really. I mean on here is possible, but i cant go upto hostgator.com and ask for a dedicated server for free. They have great visitor base. How ever this user doesn't seem to have a site up yet, + his starting user amount he said would only have about 10 people. and in a week would only be 300 users.

even though he may have thousands of clients a day, doesn't mean he would have any profit to contribute, other than the fact he could place advertising from the high traffic, but with the gamer attitude looking for servers to play, may get the spark of interest to run their own server but, really how many will be looking at the hosting rather than the games performance its self?

Good performance may spark users to go to the host its self but the cost might draw them away. Plus if they knew how much work went into creating servers like these was that could also be a turn off.

How ever, im just going to leave this.
Since you don't really know the experience i had with this user.
Id rather he knew what he wanted rather than, demanding something that he doesn't even know will run the server or not. So ill just leave it at that.

I was only suggesting he would do some research, instead of blindly demanding power. I coulda offered him a Pentium 3 4.0 GHZ and he might have accepted it. When it sounds like he needs a Intel 2 Duo, 2.4 GHZ or Xeon, if not even a Intel Quad. In return he woulda gave me "admin" status on the server and some revenue. I'm not fit for this gamble or this argument.
Lead this away Esupun. I'll stop ranting on, and on. Talk to him yourself, to get the first hand view of what i mean.

no, not really. I mean on here is possible, but i cant go upto hostgator.com and ask for a dedicated server for free. They have great visitor base. How ever this user doesn't seem to have a site up yet, + his starting user amount he said would only have about 10 people. and in a week would only be 300 users.

even though he may have thousands of clients a day, doesn't mean he would have any profit to contribute, other than the fact he could place advertising from the high traffic, but with the gamer attitude looking for servers to play, may get the spark of interest to run their own server but, really how many will be looking at the hosting rather than the games performance its self?

Good performance may spark users to go to the host its self but the cost might draw them away. Plus if they knew how much work went into creating servers like these was that could also be a turn off.

How ever, im just going to leave this.
Since you don't really know the experience i had with this user.
Id rather he knew what he wanted rather than, demanding something that he doesn't even know will run the server or not. So ill just leave it at that.

I was only suggesting he would do some research, instead of blindly demanding power. I coulda offered him a Pentium 3 4.0 GHZ and he might have accepted it. When it sounds like he needs a Intel 2 Duo, 2.4 GHZ or Xeon, if not even a Intel Quad. In return he woulda gave me "admin" status on the server and some revenue. I'm not fit for this gamble or this argument.
Lead this away Esupun. I'll stop ranting on, and on. Talk to him yourself, to get the first hand view of what i mean.

Oh. Oh! Don't misunderstand. I didn't mention that I am going to sponsor the OP for such a illegal thing. :)

I wanted to say that there are many people who gets sponsored VPS's and dedicated servers. But I didn't mention that he'll get one too.

And I am not going to help him. Because I had very bad experience because of a user just like this one.(bad grammar, too many requests)
I won't forget that. :) And not going to help someone like that again.

But don't misunderstand that I am claiming the OP is similar to that person. Maybe OP is a good person. But I am out of the case. ;)

Oh. Oh! Don't misunderstand. I didn't mention that I am going to sponsor the OP for such a illegal thing. :)

I wanted to say that there are many people who gets sponsored VPS's and dedicated servers. But I didn't mention that he'll get one too.

And I am not going to help him. Because I had very bad experience because of a user just like this one.(bad grammar, too many requests)
I won't forget that. :) And not going to help someone like that again.

But don't misunderstand that I am claiming the OP is similar to that person. Maybe OP is a good person. But I am out of the case. ;)

Thanks, Exactly what i mean. +rep if i could have gave it. lol. :beer:

Other thoughts: Never heard of MU online till he came around. So i dont think the game is too popular as claimed.

Thanks, Exactly what i mean. +rep if i could have gave it. lol. :beer:

Other thoughts: Never heard of MU online till he came around. So i dont think the game is too popular as claimed.

It's ok. :) Here is your exchange for that word. I have some. ;)

Im understanding all this ...just hoped for something unavailable ;p ty for ur opinion at all.

Lol, sorry bud.

Just saying good luck, and try to be street smart,
people can rip you off, even if it is sponsored.

Don't wanna get your self in too much trouble if you know what i mean.

Lol, sorry bud.

Just saying good luck, and try to be street smart,
people can rip you off, even if it is sponsored.

Don't wanna get your self in too much trouble if you know what i mean.

its ok<3 Nothing is for free thats why ..if i had a dedi/vps im sure that would not even give it 4 free ,but im just asking if someone is interesting to see this thread and offer me something like dat if i will be lucky...:)

@Uninvited
if u r asking for a free VPS, it is still possible anyway
:)
coz there is some provider is giving away free VPS once a while.
:)

Back