• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Voteforchicks.com

CAn you give me feedback on why it sucks. I wanted ease of use and fast loading. I would like suggestions on how to make it as ya'll put it "suck"

I am aware that there are many out there. But how many Britney Spears sites are there. It is just a form of entertainment, which I have noticed that apparently many people here think it isn't to bad, because on average from the visitors from freewebspace they have on average looked at 30 pictures.. and that is par from search engines and what not... It's just a time waster, but I would like to know how to improve upon it. It will have more featrues in the future<near future>

I dont find your layout too bad. at least its simple. You could exchange the vomitous background colour to something more pleasant though.

Maybe some younger chicks or at least some worth a vote ;)

hmm, ok, now I am getting some actual changes to make. Appreciate it, the ones that are there now have been submitted by visitors, I don't think it is legal for me to go and just use other peoples chicks. do you know of a place that would allow that? And would have a lot?

Most of you visitors are probably submitting pictures of others. As long as the pictures are not coptrighted its ok, BUT, If you go searching and find some make sure they are not well known. I think that if you make the link for submitting bigger, you will get some better pictures.

Good luck

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Most of you visitors are probably submitting pictures of others.

Yeah, probably. I've seen pics scanned out of Maxim at Rankpeople.com . And I doubt Pamela Anderson would submit her own picture to one of these sites, but somehow there is a picture of her in the DB. There isn't a way to get around it though. But to prevent legal problems make sure submitters agree that they are the one in the picture, and if not, they are a breaking your TOS and the law.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Most of you visitors are probably submitting pictures of others. As long as the pictures are not coptrighted its ok, BUT, If you go searching and find some make sure they are not well known. I think that if you make the link for submitting bigger, you will get some better pictures.

Good luck

I made it bigger :) Thanks for the suggestion. I will also be adding lots more pics in the upcoming days :)

About how many hits/day do you recieve? How many pictures do you have as of now. I Think a good idea would be to preview all the submitted pictures before They are listed on the site. That way you dont risk having any hardcore stuff up there for days before it gets reported. It could turn into a smut site real fast if it gets abused

We are still small, 1,000+ hits a day, 120 pictures or so. I look at all new pictures within a 24 hour period, and if gets to be a problem, I will do what you have said.
Good suggestions... Keep em comin. :)

As you keep promoting your site, your user base will grow, and so will your supply of pictures. Watch out for doubles, and as you get more and more pictures maybe categorize them by popularity (#of votes) or age or amount or of clothing. Maybe have a status page showing how many pictures and number of new submissions in the last week. Eventually maybe even expand your one vote system to having votes for different features on the person.

I don't know these are all just random ideas.

mmmm

Yum yum.

I like this site :D

Hang on... THATS MY GIRLFRIEND THERE! ;)

Did you write the script yourself? If not, where'd you get it?

As you keep promoting your site, your user base will grow, and so will your supply of pictures. Watch out for doubles, and as you get more and more pictures maybe categorize them by popularity (#of votes) or age or amount or of clothing. Maybe have a status page showing how many pictures and number of new submissions in the last week. Eventually maybe even expand your one vote system to having votes for different features on the person.

I don't know these are all just random ideas.

Wrote it myself, uses a mysql backend so all those things you said about votes and doubles won't happen<unless they are at 2 different URLS> Also, the same IP cannot vote for the same picture twice in a 48 hour period and I keep time stamps, although until the database is larger, advertising how many pictures I have wouldn't be much of a promotion.
I also love the idea of voting on the features, I jotted that down, maybe after I finish what I am working on now, I will start on that, it will take about a week or two to get to, but def. worth it. It would keep people there longer which as we all know here is a def. plus.

Would a forum interest anyone? Or would a site like that having a forum be kinda rediculous <sp?> since they came to see chicks not type?

Oh and a little background, as many know here <I think> I run a couple of freewebhosts and started this to kinda get away from it all, I do it in my free time and it is a totally laxed environment unlike freewebhosting wher eI get 9000 emails a day asking questions that I just can't beleive people would ask. and blah blah blah... I am rambling because it is 2:37 in the morning and it is late...
goodnight....

How about adding a top ten? I was thinking you could maybe offer a thumbnail page so people could see who they want to vote for and just not vote for everyone so they can see the next chick.

Back