• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Volunteer webmaster?

monitorp

Anyone know where I can find a mature volunteer webmaster to get my fairly-travelled non-commercial computer criminallergy-info site transferred to a reliable free host, and/or who's interested in running the site?

For the past year, Freewebs trashed it with ugly ads, though years ago they had given me their word they wouldn't, which is why I'd chosen their hosting.
:rolleyes2

It used to be an info site. These days it's gobbledegook unless rescued. It has potential especially if below-mentioned frills are added. It comes with ongoing survey and board with active members. I'm too worn out by now to handle it myself, due to circumstances. Long story, hard to explain non-verbally.

http://www.freewebs.com/eclectives/monitorpain.htm

P.S. There's also electromagneticriminallergy lyrics on the main page, which I have as a WAV jingle in my files in tweaked, amateur vocal (no instruments, no video) which can use polishing & uploading on YouTube, as well as ideas for cartoons, for anyone who's even an amateur cartoonist.

More details?

I can provide free hosting and help you move it to my server. Please PM me if interested. :)
Hi, uh, while hesitant to look a gifthorse in the mouth (and thanks so much for offering) I'm just curious if there's a particular reason you're interested in a non-commercial site such as mine?
:confused4

Are you interested in environmental health issues, or whatever? Can you provide more details and/or URLs?

:knockedou See, I'm not meaning to jump to conclusions, it's just that I've been burned too often - the latest being that a guy had posted on my survey & board to suit his agenda, then wound up plagiarizing my site until I realized it thru googling & emailed him.

P.S. I need to take a break for awhile from computer due to computer criminallergy issues (of course ;)) so please bear with me if responses are delayed - thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I need to clarify a few things.

1. You are looking for a new host for your website.
2. You need the host to transfer your website from freewebs to the host.

If I got that right, then I'll be making an offer :)

Trashed?

For the past year, Freewebs trashed it with ugly ads, though years ago they had given me their word they wouldn't, which is why I'd chosen their hosting.

Given the nature of your site I am sorry!

Funny thing - that awful floating thingie I see in IE7 isn't visible with Firefox 3.1 Beta2. Results unknown for other browsers.

As I understand, you're not only looking for hosting, but also looking for someone who'll help you rescue your website by updating it and give it a new look? Basically, a volunteer, non-paid, webmaster to manage it for you, right?

response

Wow, I never expected to get this many responses!

My head's in a whirl as to whose offer to take up.

I think the best bet would be someone who has been affiliated with someone who was affected by tech-health issues, and also someone with some creativity & imagination, who already has some web-design experience, and is interested in a challenge to improve an established site.
Also, to be able to bear with me when my responses are delayed
[small](for example I spent all yesterday & 1/2 today recuperating with advil & similisan & hot-pads plus mint-lavender around eyes, etc. etc. you can't begin to imagine. A programmer in Sweden actually lost his eyesight, that's why I'm scared to push myself to respond online despite my pain). I've been holding out, hoping that the HS102 projector will become available in the U.S.[/small]

Also, this I do know:

In my circumstances (i.e. painful photosensitivity as result of cumulative decades compu exposure) it's easiest to snail mail hard copies of how I need it changed.

Let me explain:

For example, assume the new host would be "officelive"
(this is just hypotetical, of course:

I'd then want:
www.freewebs.com/eclectives/monitorpain
TO BECOME:
www.officelive/computermonitorpain/index.html

and:
Eclectives Home
Monitor Pain Intro
TO BECOME:
Computer Solutions Directory
Computer Monitor Pain Home

stuff like that... Which is why it's easier to demo via snail mail.

It's challenging but has potential.

Last edited:
As I understand, you're not only looking for hosting, but also looking for someone who'll help you rescue your website by updating it and give it a new look? Basically, a volunteer, non-paid, webmaster to manage it for you, right?
Frankly, if the candidate is equally interested in the topic of high-tech pollution, and in getting the message out, they're welcome to take over the site.

It also wouldn't hurt if the webmaster has cartoon/graphics, web-design, and musical skills. I have some good add-on ideas.

Also, the Eclective Perspectives Homepage can be expanded to offer an Index linking to various genuine solutions, such as Troy Knight's electrosensitivity.org (mystory page) which depicts his projector setup.
On the other hand, take this example:
Though Biopro Chips have a TREMENDOUS following, I've proven them ineffective, and a member of my board had emailed me that he also found Biopro's Chips ineffective.
Therefore, I'd never want anything put on there that isn't genuine no matter how widely publicized they are.

Why am I going into the nitty gritty details? To explain who'd make the ideal webmaster for such a site. Someone who's able to weed out the genuine truths from the phony ones, according to chat posted by those who've become truly photosensitized. Enough people (all over the www) are being misled as it is. That was the whole point of why I created the [beta-version] years ago, which was subsequently polished up by a pro with input from me. Like I offered the ideas for both horizontal & vertical links-bars, as well as wanting printable-versions of each page and all-pages. Unfortunately, the stupid Freewebs bar obliterates some text on the printouts.

Last edited:
I am actually a bit confused. You are looking for someone to take over as webmaster and manage the website?

Back