• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vista, Is it worth it?

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
The last month or so ive been thinking of changing my OS to vista.

Im happy enough with my current OS of XP but thinking of changing it.

My PC is not a monster but im sure its capable of running vista (I hope)

Specs
Proc: AMD Athlon 2.6 (running at 2.2)
Ram: DDR1 speed 400 1gb
motherboard: something old

whats the difference aswell with vista basic and vista ultimate? besides cost! whats added and can you download them for free more or less?

Last edited:
Vista, has it's pros and cons. Why not try the new and improved, Windows 7? I heard it's new RC1(7035) release is pretty good - though it's still Beta. It's a pity Microsoft just closed their OBT. However, there are still some versions online if you want them.

Difference between Ultimate and Basic versions can be found here.

If you're talking about Warez, Cracks, etc of Windows Vista, if you know where to find them, you got them. However, please be warned that 1/3 releases of Windows OS's out there, are either 'fake' (i.e not validated by cracks/serials,etc) or have viruses in them.

Just my few cents.

No. You're nowhere near supporting it.
Here's the differences:

23j5r4g.jpg

If you want nice graphics better than performance, switch to vista. Otherwise, stick with XP ;)

@Dynash: Nice chart... :eek:

Wait for Windows 7. Vista blows and it's the ultimate failure second only to Windows ME.

I honestly believe that Vista isn't all that bad. Hell, I work with it every day. And 98 was by far worse then Vista.

FYI to those of you winging and -----ing about vista not working with your 10 year old computer... Seriously get a new one or get over it. I'm so sick of those people who constantly bag vista because their dinosaur computer is too ---- to cope with it. Oh, and if you do not like vista chewing up so much of your computers resources, you can always optimize it and reduce it's processes down to about 13 and it will be stable. :)

stonerocket, you require atleast 2gb of ddr2 ram for vista to work smoothly. Personally I made the switch to Vista SP1 from XP about a year ago and it's been all smooth sailing for me.

[UW]Glenn;1059575 said:
I honestly believe that Vista isn't all that bad....

I agree, Vista isn't all that bad, but it's not worth switching from XP. The only reason I switched is for directx 10.

By the way, if you have Ram: DDR1 speed 400 1gb
Your probably not going to be able to run well enough.
I would recommend DDR2 and 667MHz or 800MHz. It doesn't have to be 2GB, but at least 1GB.

Why? Because the boot-up services kill your computer. Lol.

Back