• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Visitors or money?

Visitors or money?

• Visitors

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Money

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
I think the most important is how much you make per visitor and not the number of visitors per se.

My main thing is that people see my site and give feedback, I like running sites, it just isn't about the money.
Besides:

More visitors generally equals more money.

As Archbob said, visitors generally = money. But which I want more depends on the site... if it's a site I'm trying to make money off of then obviously I want money, and if it's a non profit sie obviously I want visitors (although, when they eat up too much bandwidth visitors can be a problem).

For most cases, I'd rather have low visitors and high income rather than high visitors and low income.. Course high visitors and high income is nice too. ;)

It depends on what type of site you have too. Some sites you'd want lots of visitors and not care about the money, or vice versa.

My vote is money. Visitors are great, but they don't pay the rent unless they are exceptionably nice people who don't mind paying strangers bills for no reason at all ;)

Hope everyone had a great Christmas eve!

If you use banner advertising on your site, (like I do,) you will need all the visitors you can get in order to make money. Companies will only place their ads on your site if they know a lot of people are going to see it. No visitors = No money. You need visitors in order to make money. :)

Originally posted by DeepList.com
If you use banner advertising on your site, (like I do,) you will need all the visitors you can get in order to make money. Companies will only place their ads on your site if they know a lot of people are going to see it. No visitors = No money. You need visitors in order to make money. :)

I agree. Some sites are so desperate they have so many ads.

Visitors are the key to success, if you have no visitors then obviously you will get no money.

Money!

You can argue this point to infinity in a discussion forum. But in the real world: Cash is, always was, and always will be king.

Adrianna, you have your views, some might agree also.

But that is NOT true of everyone. :rolleyes:

I personally had my site(s) up for maybe 18 months before I even considered using advertising programs.

I gradually started implementing them, and even to this day, there are certain pages that I wouldn't consider putting a banner on because it would spoil the effect.

That is because I care about my visitors.

I like the feeling of getting lots of visitors. It makes your work worthwhile. Trying to make money out of it is not always the best option because it annoys your visitors.

If your website pays your bills and puts food on the table, cash is king.

If your website is a hobby and you have outside income or very little need for money, then visitors.

Just my $.02.

I run a freebie site and roughly 5-10% of my links are cj or clickxchange ads. But overall, I try not to go insane on the ads. I only do cj and clickxchange ads if they have free offers, so they fit well into my site.

I like a bit of both.

I guess you can only say I prefer visits though as I don't use pops or anything which if I only cared about money and not about visits I would have used along time ago.

I like my visitors to be able to pay for themselves though.

Originally posted by Jan

And if you have no visitors???? You plan on winning tattslotto? :p

Yes! :biggrin2:

Okay, okay... so I didn't do my webmastering maths all that well.

I guess it's 50/50 then!

Back