• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
virtual memory minimum too low

I also just started getting this message today. It occurs every time I try to log on to the internet. I have only had the computer for 1 month and I bought it brand new. The weird thing is I can log on to the computer under my husband's name and get to the internet that way. However, every time I try to log on to the computer using my user name I get this problem. I have 512 of memory. Any body have any ideas what to do?? :confused4

well, may be you have too many softwares on ur user account, or may be a lot of background processes are running!
check that out! and delete all those unwanted programs and applications!

That should solve the problem i guess!
if not get back here again! :)

this is the solution 4 it

hi guys,
i m new 2 this discussion and i m from india.so let me tel out y the problem has occured 2 u.thats bcoz when u r running 2 many processes at a same time,RAM cant afford 2 run all the processes u r running and so it uses the space in hard disk and that space is reffered 2 as "Page File".so if that is low its shows a tag of "virtual memory minimum too low and so on....."so the 1st thing 2 do is buy a new advanced ram.thats a better idea.dont change the settings of the system.ask for 256 or 512mb ram ddr or sdr and the speed of it should b 400mHz.dont forget that.its very important.i suffered with the same one and i bought a new ram now and theres no problem of such.....ok then.if there r any other solutions 2 this problem pls let me know.
bye

problem regarding LCR

hi,
i m baddy from india.i think u should b changing the settings in control panel.go to control panel and u will hav 2 change the setting on clicking ur user name.and u will understand there after.if not solved do this.delete ur account once and create ur account once again.while creating ur account once again tick the option which applies all the settings there for ur husband's user name.and u will be able 2 access the net there after.

solution 2 virtual memroy

hello,
i found the solution of this problem.i hav recovered fro it jus 2 days back.jus press ctrl+shift+Esc at a time or ctrl+alt+del.then windows task manager window will pop up and there will be 5 tabs like applications,processes,,,,son on........jus click process and then delete some of the processes which u donot know.those r the processes started by the viruses without ur notice.so thats the exact soln of it and there r no regrets in it.u need not buy a new RAM or so as was earlier mentioned.ok then
bye bye

hello

LCR said:
I also just started getting this message today. It occurs every time I try to log on to the internet. I have only had the computer for 1 month and I bought it brand new. The weird thing is I can log on to the computer under my husband's name and get to the internet that way. However, every time I try to log on to the computer using my user name I get this problem. I have 512 of memory. Any body have any ideas what to do?? :confused4

hello this is baddy.u gotta jus delete the processes which r running without ur notice.jus find them and end the processes.thats the only solution 4 it.and i m the one who sufferd from it for abt 1 month or so.........

Installing more RAM will always do wonders. If you think you have spyware/adware in your system I suggest running Ad-Aware and SpyBot both are the best out there plus there FREE.

Now for the Virtual Memery you should clear the cache to be sure nothing is hiding there you can do so by doing the following

right click my computer, properties, advanced tab, under performance click on settings, advanced, virtual memory click change, now click no paging file then click set you will be asked to re-boot do so.

Now follow the instructions as before to get back to virtual memory.
click system managed size then re-boot again.

This will come in handy as well:
1. Open Internet Options - under the General tab in the Temporary Intenet files section,
select the Settings button.

Select "Every visit to the page" and set the amount of disk space to use:
to no more than 100-1000MB. Now select the Connections tab and
select LAN Settings, make sure EVERYTHING there is unchecked and select OK.

2. In Internet Options - select the Privacy tab and choose Advanced,
check the box "Override automatic cookie handling" and
for First-party Cookies > Accept,
Third-party Cookies > Block and check "Always allow session cookies".
~ Now, NO MORE SPYWARE COOKIES

Memory Sticks and Virtual memory

HI,

I own a toshiba satelite pro 5000

the ram on these is no longer for sale.

Has someone devised how to use say a 2 gig ram stick to increase the computor ram memory, by somehow adding it to virtual memory, or via software have the computor access the mem stick for ram?

Heh, there could be mooney in this because of all the dirty tricks designers play with ram.

Gordonski

iseedeadwood said:
right click my computer, properties, advanced tab, under performance click on settings, advanced, virtual memory click change, now click no paging file then click set you will be asked to re-boot do so.

Never do that cos u might not get windows to boot agin

open your calculator and put in your amount of ram and the times theat amount by either 2.5/3/3.5/4 don't go above 4 though

then put that amount in your min and max boxes

hopefully this will sort out your low virtual memory problem

PS see http://www.free-phpbb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15&mforum=comhelp the walk through is the same in any windows but this is done in windows 2000 pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back