• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Video streaming request..

AdamJ

When's 1999?
NLC
Hello. I am currently in search of a webhost which allows video streaming. This hosting account which I shall be applying for is to provide access for people to view videos which I shall be creating myself, and having the ability to download them (from a different location). The videos will feature different things, I cannot at the moment tell you as none of the videos have been made.

Specifications:
cPanel or Plesk or Layered Panel.
500mb - 1gb space and enough bandwidth to keep it online (prefered over 30-40gb)
FFmpeg should be allowed and enabled, also gd2 library for thumbnails.
FTP, MySQL (4.x.x or above) & php (4.x.x or above)
Hosting provider must of been online for longer than 2 months, and also I would respect if you could send me stat's of your uptime and also site stats. (these can either be posted on here or sent to me via PM)

What I shall offer in return:
80x15 button on the bottom of http://theadzproject.info/ *currently offline for server maintenance*
468x60 Adsense or Bidvertiser banner advert (text only)
Text link on gallery to give credit back to host. (Click Here to view *currently offline for server maintenance*)

Thanks for your time and I hope to have a few offers come through, Adam.

PS: I may also be adding a link to your website, where you shall be refered as an official partner onto every video we produce, this only applies if I am satisfied with the service and I think your a good company.

What's wrong with youtube? ..lol

Alley, although I do have a youtube account, I am after the ability to custome and embed the videos, also the quality of videos on Youtube is downgraded, all pixelated and even the sound is interupted.

Plus also this hosting account will have webpages on it where videos can be viewed.

Streaming can raise a few issues Adam, what size / how many vids do you see being on at any one time (once you get them up and running of course) what file format will you use (I'll assume MPG due to the request spec for ffmpeg :) ), bitrate for vid & audio and res for vid will all play a part.

I know it's a whole pain of a list but best you get those tied down first to reliably stream, and for hosts to work out if they could offer if for advertising only.

Well, are these ok Decker:
- File Format: .mpeg and/or .wmv
- File size: anything below 18mb - 30mb depending on file format and resolutions
- Video size: Widescreen 16:9 320x240 or bigger
- Birate: they will be enhanced to run on a broadband connection of 512kbps + in HD Pal format.

The amount of videos hosted at one time will be max 10-30 depending, but these videos are not made all the time, so expect around 1-3 per year, this excludes trailers, which may result in 5-6 per year.

Does that help Decker?

thanks,
Adam.

I doubt it, this is a fairly large request. Whats wrong with using current video hosters like YouTube, Google Video and Metacafe. You can embed the video, the quality may not be great, but it's free.

Google Video allows users to download videos and you can use a random mirror script to spread downloads over multiple free webservers so the servers arn't stressed too much by repeated downloads.

EDIT: That way you can use 5 or more normal hosts without any problems. There is also the CoralCDN which is designed for this sort of thing (www.coralcdn.org) and is also free.

Also, have you considered using torrent files to spread the downloads?

Last edited:
for the 2nd time, I do not want to use YouTube. I want perfect quality videos, not shoddy less resolution pixelated ones

Hi Adz, the big one is still
Birate: they will be enhanced to run on a broadband connection of 512kbps + in HD Pal format

What bitrate? Streaming needs to know ;) the connection is very much not important at the other end if there isn't enough bandwidth available for the transfer.

Can you calculate a throttled throughput for it as it is a heavy provide load.

Then whip out the credit card and get some paid hosting like everybody else.

for the 2nd time, I do not want to use YouTube. I want perfect quality videos, not shoddy less resolution pixelated ones

Back