• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Very Very Stupid and Probably Annoying Question (lol)

DarkTemplar194

I'm sure y'all are probably SICK of people posting about this... but i got 2 qquestions about the "Free domains" possiblilty...

1. I heard there was a free .CX domain name??? The nic.cx and stuff are all pay though... is it still possible to get one? :confused:

2. I've seen a site that doesn't pay money on domains get several .de domains with a popup ad from "FreeCity.de". Now I went there and they only seem to charge $$$ for domains; now unless the guy DID pay money for the domains (or now FreeCity charges money for .de but they used to be free)

So... uh anyone know anything about this stuff? As I said this must really be ticking you off lol. :rolleyes: I hope that it's safe to say that onc eI get answers to these questions I won't be goin' around looking for domains anymore... :confused2

(Btw the reason i'm asking for FREE domains is because i dont have a credit card! duh, if I did I would get a domain instantly (wouldn't even bother looking for a free one) so don't bother replying saying "Why don't u just buy a domain?" To those that can help I appreciate your help. thanks in advance. :classic2:

hmmm...

Well, I have not seen any offers lately that give away free domains.

If I was you, I would find a friend, or family member and pay them the money for a domain name, and then have them pay for the domain with their credit card.

Regardless of the fact, you may also pay by check or money order for registering a domain name. So I might add that you could open up a savings account with a local bank, and then have them write a check for you that is linked with your account.

You can also go to your local drugstore and buy a money order. This is usually very cheap, probably between 50 cents to 2$ to purchase the money order, and then you just give them the amount you need on the money order.

I have not encountered any domain registration companies that specifically offer anything but credit cards. However I am darn sure that these do exist.

Also, a LOT of hosts will allow you to buy a domain name when you signup for their paid web hosting, in which they usually will accept checks or money orders!

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by illusivedaze

I have not encountered any domain registration companies that specifically offer anything but credit cards. However I am darn sure that these do exist.

Also, a LOT of hosts will allow you to buy a domain name when you signup for their paid web hosting, in which they usually will accept checks or money orders!
There are some that will accept money orders.

But DON'T accept a free domain though a paid host unless they are an established, well regarded host. I personally wouldn't even then! Too many have been bitten. :angry2:

There are any number of domain registration companies who accept checks and money orders for domains. Jusy look around a little bit.

If you pay with a bank check or a money order, most companies will process your order immediately upon receiving your check.

If you pay with a personal check, you'll most likely have to wait until your check clears the bank.

-t

Since you said you don't have a credit card, they're suggesting you pay with a check or money order instead.

I know, but that's not what I want to know. :rolleyes: I want to know how to get those domains for free if it is possible, not how to pay with check or money order.

Could someone please answer? At least say that it is not possible to get the domains (anymore) instead of just ignoring this topic altogether.:eek:

There are no free domains, at least not one that you would ever own yourself.

lotsofissues

.cx gave free domains and DNS, but who knows about it?

Well he posted that about 4 months ago . . . where was it???

It was short-lived. They no longer give away free domains from what I've been told.

uni.cc was giving away subdomains for a while as well - but it appears they have also stopped.

Did you see this thread: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33804

There really isn't much if any motivation for anyone to give away free domains. Pop-ups and click-throughs on these domains don't pay anything anymore, so no one is giving away free domains just to get a banner ad on your website any more...

-t

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Hmm...it seems that uni.cc domains still work. :confused:
I did not mean stopped working, I meant it appeared they have stopped giving away subdomains. If they still are giving them away, more power to them.

-t

Back