• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

very cheap host: about $10 per year

hrac

I'm looking for a very cheap host with following specs:

Min. 10 MB space
PHP/MySQL
Control Panel (Cpanel 3.x)
E-mail forwarding
domain hosting
Min 5 sub-domains
Min. 250 MB bandwidth
Min 15 days of trial period

Price: $1 per month or $10 per year

Thank you for your reply.

But valuablehost does not give MySQL support with plan-1 :(

I also looked for www.hostiva.com. They did give 6 dollar plan per year. It was great for me. But their offer expired a few later I saw their offer. And they did not warn it was a limited time offer. :(

goto Webhostingtalk.com and post in the webhosting request forums. The hosts which can give you what you ask for will reply.

Sure, i could give you that for $10 per year, email me at tech@asp2.net if you still want it, you can pay by PayPal (Visa/Mastercard) and have your account ready in no time!

~WebThingy

Sorry,

To comply with the forum guidelines, heres the full plan specification that you would be getting a modified version of:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRIAL PLAN - "Try our service at low cost for as long as you wish!"
>20Mb UNIX Webspace
>250Mb Bandwidth/Month
>CGI, PHP, Perl, SSI, SSL, MySQL, .htaccess, WAP Support
>Full FTP/Frontpage Access
>Free Search Engine Submitter
>yourname.asp2.net subdomain
>2 POP Email Boxes
>2 Forwarding Addresses
>2 Autoresponders
>2 Mailing Lists (MRAs)
>Personal Control Panel
>Free Tech Support
>$20 Per YEAR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it that you cannot afford $20 a year, and so I would be willing to only charge $10, since you only need half of the webspace.

~WebThingy

So you are looking for commercial hosting for $.84 per month?

How does a host expect to pay the bills at that rate?

And you want a 15 day free trial? You also want mySQL and WAP support.

I would say stand on a street corner holding a sign that says I will will work for hosting.

I am not trying to be mean at all here, but this seems way to low for hosting.

10 meg is still a lot for a web site.

It's the same no matter where you go...everybody wants everything for NOTHING! What about the time these hosts, me included, spend in front of their computer and give tech support to these people? And the knowledge that we have to have to be able to support these people...for hours on end we will sit there to make sure that they are happy...and for 10 bucks per year? Yeah, right! It isnt the space amount...it is the time we have to spend supporting them.

Whatever.

Originally posted by F5Hosting
It's the same no matter where you go...everybody wants everything for NOTHING! What about the time these hosts, me included, spend in front of their computer and give tech support to these people? And the knowledge that we have to have to be able to support these people...for hours on end we will sit there to make sure that they are happy...and for 10 bucks per year? Yeah, right! It isnt the space amount...it is the time we have to spend supporting them.

Whatever.

I completely agree. Without posting my prices, I feel I have cut my prices as low as I can.

I am in front of my computer every night. For $10 a year, no way!

You are exactly right, the space don't mean nothing. It is the cost to operate.

I still think that customer support is completely lost.
When prices are cut to low.

How CAN you have support with prices like these? I mean think about what this guy is asking for...he wants all of what he listed and maybe more for 84 measly pennies a month...hmmm...you figure that he will need approximately 2 hours of tech support a month (very low figure here) and that gives me a grand total of 42 cents per hour. Now, Uncle Sam gets 30% of that and that makes a grand total of take home pay for those two hours of....59 cents or 29.5 cents an hour. For the MONTH! I would make a whopping 59 cents for the MONTH on a deal like he wants. Uh, my math isnt that great, but 59 cents wont buy much in this world.

I think I will pass on this deal, there, Diamond Jim!

or you could offer the plan, but not provide any tech support at all, and no trial period and no refund...

but in any case, $10 bucks a year is probably not worth the hassle...

Originally posted by F5Hosting

<SNIP>
MONTH! I would make a whopping 59 cents for the MONTH on a deal like he wants. Uh, my math isnt that great, but 59 cents wont buy much in this world.

I think I will pass on this deal, there, Diamond Jim!

Wait, your math is right. But you forgot the cost of the server.

Now a Rackshack Raq4 at $99 with 200 sites would
be a average cost of $.495 - > $.50 per site.

Now you are only making $.09 per month!

What else is there, Electric at home to run the computer, phone
bills, etc, etc. Oh, BTW, does this guy want to pay by credit card?

There are fees there to. So now you are paying him to host with you.

This sure does not sound like solid business model.

Sound like something that would be offered when you are going out of business, cause at that cost it would put you out of business.

Last edited:
ljprevo and F5Hosting,

You are too aggressive to argue something.

But first of all I want say I want to have a non-commercial personal home page. And my expectetions are too low to have a commercial site. To think to have a commercial site with 250 MB bandwitdh and 10 MB space is completelly stupid. And I did not mention I want to have a commercial site.

Next, there are some companies that gives similar specs with about $10 per year:

hostiva: they did offer 6$ per year but they rise their price
discount-hosting: 10$ per year
nuke.to: $10 per year but they rise their price
host4students: $2 per year but they rise their price (and they don't have Cpanel and don't give subdomains)

So If you don't have some plan to offer just shut-up and don't annoy others.

"Just shut up and don't annoy others"???

uhhhh....you dont think that people expecting me or any host to GIVE away something for nothing isn't annoying? I just don't understand people at all...anyway, I wish you well in finding that host that will host you for less than 50 cents a month.

Originally posted by hrac
ljprevo and F5Hosting,

You are too aggressive to argue something.

But first of all I want say I want to have a non-commercial personal home page. And my expectetions are too low to have a commercial site. To think to have a commercial site with 250 MB bandwitdh and 10 MB space is completelly stupid. And I did not mention I want to have a commercial site.

Next, there are some companies that gives similar specs with about $10 per year:

hostiva: they did offer 6$ per year but they rise their price
discount-hosting: 10$ per year
nuke.to: $10 per year but they rise their price
host4students: $2 per year but they rise their price (and they don't have Cpanel and don't give subdomains)

So If you don't have some plan to offer just shut-up and don't annoy others.

I said NOTHING about your site being commercial, I said commercial hosting, or in this case PAID hosting.

It does not matter if your site is personal or commercial.
It is the money it cost a host to operate.

F5 check my previous message, you would not even make $.50 after everything needs to be paid for, you technically would pay someone to to host with you for only $10 per year.

Look at your own post "but they rise their price"
Why would this be?

I am sorry you feel I am bing annoying, but I am trying to state a fact why to give you hosting for $10 per year would end up costing the host in the long run.

Would you need technical support?

Im still interested as to why this argument is still going on! :)

I offered the guy *exactly* what he wanted, and yet he has not e-mailed me or hinted in any way that he wants it, so its his loss..am i right?

~WebThingy

Originally posted by webgod2001

I offered the guy *exactly* what he wanted, and yet he has not e-mailed me or hinted in any way that he wants it, so its his loss..am i right?

~WebThingy

I am wondering how you could offer a price so low. Are you just being kind and this is some PR thing.

I guess it is his loss if he don't take it.

Do you offer customer support with that package?

Hey there,

This isnt a PR thing or some special deal, im just being kind, with running a successful host I can afford to be kind once in a while..cant I? ;)

Everyone who hosts with me gets technical support, good support is the basis of any hosting and I dont believe in charging extra for it.

~WebThingy

I offered the guy *exactly* what he wanted, and yet he has not e-mailed me or hinted in any way that he wants it

Maybe he is checking around trying to find a better deal. :D:D:D:D:D

~WebThingy

I sent a private message to you before. But I forgot to send a message to forum like: "please look in to you private messages"

sorry for this mistake

regards

Back