• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Valcato?

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
What's up with Valcato now?

Are they transfering their sites to the new Solo server now?
My site has been down all day along with valcato.net site.

Anyone knows when the transfer will be completed?

I suppose asking support@valcato wouldn't be something you'd want to do? ;) I'd imagine they'd have your answer.

their site is unreachable.
would their mail server be up?

but tnx chicken, I didnt even think of emailing, lol :rolleyes:

Wojtek, exactly who else would know when the server move would be completed, and if they are transferring to another server in the first place, other than the people moving the sites?

Their mail server may be up, even if the site does not resolve.

They posted frequently their updates on their forum.

I was hoping someone from valcato would be here and know the answer to my question.

http://forum.valcato.net is reachable even though valcato.net is down.

Their forum, before all the posts strangely rolled back to August 8th, said that they were about 15% through the transfer and were going ahead of schedule when Solo stopped responding, and it turned out their co-location facility (where solo is) had "a site wide power outage." Seems Valcato has just been waiting on these people at the facility to get the problem fixed.

I guess this co-location facility will store your server for you, but doesn't think it's particularly important to provide those little extra bonuses for it, such as electricity.

Hi Hoth,

Thanks for the update. I couldnt access the forums upto now. It seemed to load for 5 minutes, then stopped responding. Same for their main site. It's ok now for the forums.

Did they mention when the facility will fix back thier little "extra" features :)

Chicken: see, told ya there would be someone who would know

Is there any chance they come back online before tomorow afternoon?

I've just signed up at some 7-8 advertising companies and am awaiting their site approval. but how can they check the site if its down :mad:

Hi Wojtek,

Valcato is back online! Sorry for the inconvenience of any clients reading this. A full post-mortem (a fitting phrase) of the move will be posted on our forums shortly.

Originally posted by webgod2001
Hi Wojtek,

Valcato is back online! Sorry for the inconvenience of any clients reading this. A full post-mortem (a fitting phrase) of the move will be posted on our forums shortly.
But the fact of the matter is my site (entarcs.com) is still down and for the past 2+ days.
When can I also claim that my site is "back on line"? No clues!
S.K:(

They're still moving accounts over. Most of the accounts I'm hosting are up and online right now but some aren't.

Ok, I got Jerome on the IM and he had my site set up and sort out other itsy-bitsy thingys. Thanks to him!
Now everythng is fine and dandy!
But we, the members of CW-licked-club will be grumpy at slightest kinks - the syndrome will linger for long long time!
S.K

I am still not up yet. Well, up and die again, so I guess that doesn't count. I'll give them a week to sort the server out, then I'll start ranting

Back