• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Valcato Hosting - New Management 3 Years On

WHMCS-John

Hey guys,
I'm part of the management that took over Valcato Hosting 3 years ago now. I know we've had a few negative comments on here in the past so I thought I'd post an update to let everyone know that we are almost totally unrecognisable from our 2004 form.

One of the main complaints back in 2004 was there was no communication or way of contacting us if a server was down. That is no longer the case and some of our support provision is now hosted on a separate server in a separate datacentre on the other side of the Atlantic! I say some because our support services are in fact split between several servers so we are always contactable, yet everything is accessed through a single URL: ValcatoSupport.com

We've introduced a Service Notices system that lists planned maintenance and any outages. It can be syndicated and is available as a mailing list.

Our main focus has been to improve server uptime and I'm pleased to announce that our Server Status page reports we have achieved 99.9% uptime over the past 3 years, our CPU loads are lower and pages load faster than ever! :)

We've continued to invest in the way our customers communicate with us and earlier this year recently overhauled our billing and support systems for the second time since we took over. We continue to work with developers and will always make sure it's as easy as possible for our customers to make modifications to their account or get in contact with us.

Our plans
have undergone the biggest shake up in the company's history and now offer more bang for your buck, all plans include an unlimited number of sub domains, FTP accounts, email accounts, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases, MailMan mailing lists and free remote backups!

Most recently we've increased our range of domain names and dropped some of our prices by a whopping $13! For a limited time only we're also offering .info registrations for a mere $5.

Looking to the future we will be introducing a line of fully managed dedicated servers at ground-breaking prices without skimping on service. Aimed directly at webmasters with no technical knowledge but websites too popular for shared hosting, we will take care of all the techie stuff allowing customers to get on with running their websites.

Apologies for the length of this post, but I hope I've outlined the massive improvements we've made over the years and if any former customers are interested in coming back to us I'd love to hear from you!

Many Thanks,
John,
Valcato Hosting.

Back