• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Using the file manager

MegUK

Hi, i would like to learn how to use the file manager properly. I know that there are two panels. The left panel I upload from computer, is that correct? How do i upload things to my site?
I would appreciate someone who can tell me in non technical jargon lol.

Thanks

Meg

Are you referring to FTP uploading Meg? I know you were having a battle with that earlier :confused:

yes

Well jan lol. I know how to use the ftp as far as getting my files etc up to the file manager in H-Sphere. I open the File manager and there are two windows. The left window has my site contents in it. The right window has a file with my website name on it. I just dont know how to upload things to my webpages. Ie. Some of the gifs are missing etc. I would like to be able to correct things and also add things. What I am afraid of is downloading my pages, and not being able to get them back up on to my site. In an ideal world i would like to edit right there and then onsite, but with this kind of file manager i am afraid that i cant do as i wish. I find it difficult to grasp what people tell me. Especially when experienced people have a visual knowledge of what to do. I am without that visual knowledge. So, when something is said to me about uploading etc. I cant draw upon any experience.........meaning, i cant use visual experience because i dont understand the file manager. lol phewwwwwwww

Meg

Hmmmmmm, I just took a look at the file manager in the control panel. I think you would be better off using FTP and editing your site on your hard drive.

If you feel onsite editing is easier for you, have you taken a look at SiteStudio in H-Sphere?

Hi jan

No, i havent looked at site studio?? Oh, thanks I shall go have a look lol. I would just love to be able to edit fonts etc online instead of back to basic pc program.

Thanks

Meg:D

hum Jan

lol. I have just enabled the site studio jan @ $3.95 The only problem is that i have already designed my site backgrounds etc and there doesnt seem to be an option to upload from my pc there?

All I need to know is which panel in file manager I load up to site?

left or right?

Thanks

Meg:(

Back