• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

USA: you are now on my ----list.

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
This past week I decided to spend the last of my remaining credit on something memorable.

I did some paddling off the west coast of van. island. (wicked sunburn, and an unsuccessful seal clubbing)

I also made it to Seattle to see U2 and then finally DJ Shortkut on the 29th in vancouver.

U2 was a great show and there was some great audience involvement. but one thing really bothered me: I can't remember what song it was (call it blasphemy, but I'm not a fan. Bono's accent just makes my pants tight)
He was doing a sort of a call and answer thing where he'd sing a phrase, point the mic at us in the crowd and we'd all sing it back. This went on for several lines, until the one that went "WE ALL NEED TO COEXIST" it was met mainly with silence. He sang it again to us, and again... silence.

First, if bono sings it, you sing it back; Second if you have a problem with coexisiting, you're ----ed. I just couldn't believe the difference a border makes. I talked to a friend who managed to get tickets to the vancouver show, and he said everyone repeated it there.

And I thought seattle was as far from jesusland as one could get.

They're putting something in your starbucks, seattlites.

wait. you were on Vancouver Island and you didn't contact me ? :'(

Also, that doesn't surprise me whatsoever.

I was at a Mikey Dread show here not long ago, and there were many Americans in the crowd (from Washingston State), and there was _no_ participation from them. It's quite sad really.

I had no internet access, otherwise I would have dropped you a line. And that's the truth :)

I was in the oak bay/gordon head area for a couple days and then Parksville --> Tofino. couldn't have asked for better weather. But I'm totally ruined by the sun and that eskimo contraption known as "Kayak"

Last edited:
If I paid $$ to go see someone sing, i don't want them to point the mic at me and make me sing. I paid to WATCH THEM to sing. If I wanted to sing, I would have stayed home and saved my cash.

oh man, I am in the Oak Bay/Gordon Head area. And I paddle. Dang. Well, maybe next time.

And what fun is it being at a concert and just standing around like a robot? If that's all you're going to do, then that's the reason you should be staying at home.
It's much more enjoyable when you, and the rest of the audience are all feeling the music.

Robert said:
If I paid $$ to go see someone sing, i don't want them to point the mic at me and make me sing. I paid to WATCH THEM to sing. If I wanted to sing, I would have stayed home and saved my cash.

So you want every concert experience to be no different from staying at home and listening to the CD? Why bother touring at all? That's just ----ed. People go to shows to connect to the band, and that's a good way to connect. And people are going to be singing whether Bono is pointing the mic at you or not. It's just a fact.

I'm thinking us western Canadian FWSers are going to have to organize a camping trip or something. It'd be fun, and sobriety would be lost.

Blank Verse said:
So you want every concert experience to be no different from staying at home and listening to the CD? Why bother touring at all? That's just ----ed. People go to shows to connect to the band, and that's a good way to connect. And people are going to be singing whether Bono is pointing the mic at you or not. It's just a fact.

I'm thinking us western Canadian FWSers are going to have to organize a camping trip or something. It'd be fun, and sobriety would be lost.

If you're gonna make a big deal about people not singing, then yes. Though when I do go to concerts, I do like to sing along.

that idea puts a smile on my face.

a big smile.

shit eating, almost.

I say y'all come to where I live. it's pretty well half way. ;) (and I won't have to hitchhike)

My beef with the U2 concert was not overall lack of participation... there was tons.

It was just the fact that everyone was all gung ho till it came time to coexist. I mean i find a racist joke as funny as the next guy (probably funnier) but when it becomes real...

Blank Verse said:
Stereotyping is a real timesaver.

Miller, good times. Any idea how much that costs?
The final show is I believe $22 in advance. Not sure what the line up is for it, but it's usually big.

The other shows are either free or at bars.

I believe they also tell passes to get you into all shows/venues. I may pick one up this year.

Robert said:
That's not the point.

The audience was singing along until they got to the point where Bono sang that everyone needed to co-exist. Then they fell silent. What happened does not describe laziness within an audience, that's not really something someone can complain about, but rather, it was an active unwillingness by the American populace (at least within that crowd) to co-exist with other people. In my opinion, such widespread intolerance is simply unacceptable.

Back