• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

us or .info $7.95 USD per year---reliable?

Stargate is pretty good now, but they have had their problems in the past. I would reccomend Godaddy more though. If you need free DNS, then check out Mydomain or Zoneedit .

Stargate is reliable I've used it. Yes, dns and 1 free pop3 account.

Heres the catch!! This is the same business model they used with .coms. They sold 2 for eight dollars each. This obviously made people flock to buy domains. Once they attracted enought ppl they jacked up renewal and registration to $14. Thats what will happen again.

Originally posted by lotsofissues
...Once they attracted enought ppl they jacked up renewal and registration to $14. Thats what will happen again.
I predict that all the sub-$10s will do the same thing. There is not enough margin in a sub-$10 domain name to pay the overhead for domain registration if you are running a serious business.

-t

Originally posted by thewitt

I predict that all the sub-$10s will do the same thing. There is not enough margin in a sub-$10 domain name to pay the overhead for domain registration if you are running a serious business.

-t

When do you say this will happen?

Originally posted by zoltan
When do you say this will happen?
If you look at when Stargate did it, it was about a year after they had a large influx of registrations - so about the time the renewals came due on their first big thrust.

I suspect about this time next year we'll see both eNom and GoDaddy raise their prices - though it might be a little longer.

Pure speculation on my part of course :classic2:

-t

Back