• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US Immigration

syd

NLC
NLC
I was wondering if any of you could help me out here!

I decided that I really wanted to bump up my move to the US. I was planning on going in a few years but I'm gonna go by next year (hopefully).

Now getting there and moving in with family will cost me a hundred bucks and take a few days - but how do I get a job?

Granted, I'd probably be considered an illegal immigrant. But I don't want to work at Burger King.

Is there any way around this? My relatives aren't direct - they are aunt, uncle and cousin. so there's no way to do it there. But I don't want citizenship.

If you're an illegal resident, you can't work at Burger King.

However, if you get a green card, you can work anywhere. Not saying a major corporation will hire you, but you can work basically anywhere.

My friend was born in Colombia, lived in the U.S. since she was 5 (now 18) and she has a green card and works with me @ The Sports Authority (www.thesportsauthority.com).

Watch the movie "Coming to America". lol.

It's fairly easy to get, especially if you're hired before you move there.

(but that usually only happens with a major sort of place)

green card is for permanent resident. you dont just get a green card. you need a direct family member to register you . then in a few years the U.S goverment say ok you can go join your family in the U.S and live there forever.. that is when you get a green card..

you can come here as a "vacation visa" that is probably only 90 days. unless you gonna get a "work visa" which is 2 years. you will need a employer to sponsor you.. Anyway.. if you decide to come here. and immigration or U.S custom what is your purpose here don't say "I came here cause of economic difficulties" they will immediatly deport you.

anyway why you decide to come here? to visit family?

Originally posted by Gayowulf
It's fairly easy to get, especially if you're hired before you move there.

(but that usually only happens with a major sort of place)

I meant work visa, not green card.

Hello,

The fastest way to get into the USA and be able to work legally is to marry as USA citizen and apply for a Fiancie(sp) Visa and get them to sponsor you.... I only know this because my dad is going to marry someone in the USA and to live with her he has to get this K-visa (I think thats the name).... Takes around 3-6 months to process then he will have to apply for a work visa even though he has work lined up and its costs $100 for the first application.

I live in Vancouver, you live in buraby, we can date, you never met me, and I am a US cit. im sure it will work out. I mean the rest of out lives isn't that long, and marriages don't work out 75% of the time.

Originally posted by is0lized
i live in vancouver, you live in buraby, we can date, you never met me, and i am a US cit. im sure it will work out

sounds like you're going the right way for a restraining order, my friend :p

Originally posted by is0lized
Yes, but she wants to live in the ....usa....

if i live the U.S which i am living at. I would never live in florida.. to many old people. So more car accidents.

Originally posted by Obe1
if i live the U.S which i am living at. I would never live in florida.. to many old people.

I suppose you've never been to the Ft. Lauderdale strip :D

Back