• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Urgent Help] 8 GB Space Required with SSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulw

Hello,

i am trapped in a problem so i need some help from a free hosting company for 2 days !

Actually , i own a VPS with 10 GB Space... But by mistake i executed a command from ssh which corrupted all permission of files on my server ( By mistake i executed chmod 777 / )

Now the VPS is malfunctioning and is not working properly ( exim service and etc ), and there is no other way then to reinstall VPS , with deleting every thing online !

and for that i need to move my huge DB's and countless files to a Server for a day or two .. so that i can format my VPS and then restore user files and DB from that free server !

So can please anyone come forward and offer me 8 GB space for 2 days with SSH access and FTP support ( i need ssh to transfer and restore huge DB )

i hope someone can understand problem and get back .....

Regards...

Your host should provide you with support

Thnx for reply , but my host is also right in his part , that he says - how can they re modify permissions of several thousand files ...

so they have told me to reinstall VPS !

I will be grateful if someone helps !

Why would you need SSH access for an FTP backup?

I will need SSH access to execute mysqldump command ( to and fro of backup ), as my Database is very big ( 5 - 6 GB ) , and it can not be dumped from Direct Admin Panel ( which i am on ) or phpmyadmin

I hope you can understand the problem now :(

Thanks for concern thou....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back