• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

update on xtremesite.com again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaskedMan

oh well here goes:

http://www.xtremesite.com/
Space: Unknown (Unmetered)
Band: 10gb
Scripts: MySQL 3.x, php 4.3.1, PERL 5.3.1 (i think), cgi coming soon.
Current forums that work: phpbb2, MercuryBoard, IBF.
Upload: FTP ONLY
chmod? yes.
site url= yourname.xtremesite.com

there is more and i hate to be picky.... it goes real fast too!

errors:

503's,111's, 404's etc.

and YaBB/phpbb2 not installing right.

Last edited:
There server only seems to be down during the night and early morning. (US CST GMT -6:00) YaBB SE will install fine. IBF doesn't have any problems(I'm currently running one). Cgi-Perl forums DO NOT work.

Originally posted by MagusStatlehawk
There server only seems to be down during the night and early morning. (US CST GMT -6:00) YaBB SE will install fine. IBF doesn't have any problems(I'm currently running one). Cgi-Perl forums DO NOT work.

I just tried to visit your website MagusStatlehawk, but it just wouldn't low, it's incredibly slow. Are they still up? Because so far, most of the sites I've visited hosted by "Xtremesite" seem to be incredibly sluggish.

How many people are "Xtremesite" hosting? I mean...this downtime could be caused by excessive resource usage, the servers are probably overloaded.

The reason behind all this downtime and slowness is probably because their servers can't handle the load.

Well, according to Iksoh, there can only be 50 signups aday...so take that and multiply it by the amount of days Xtremesite has been up, and there's your rough estimate...

Yes they might be up, but it's not ideal to be running a forum on it...MagusStatlehawk - very very sluggish... :smile2:

It puts visitors off. :wink2:

Ikonboard works just fine for me, and that's a CGI board...well did for about 2 days, then Xtremesite went back down and now nothing in my CGI-BIN works, it just says "Internal Server Error" when ever I go to it. But before then, it worked perfectly.

True, but at the moment, I'm broke so I'm left with no other option, unless you can show me a host that will put up an IBF, with a better up time...

Originally posted by vern
Ikonboard works just fine for me, and that's a CGI board...well did for about 2 days, then Xtremesite went back down and now nothing in my CGI-BIN works, it just says "Internal Server Error" when ever I go to it. But before then, it worked perfectly.

The site is probably down because of these IkonBoards... :wink2:

True, but at the moment, I'm broke so I'm left with no other option, unless you can show me a host that will put up an IBF, with a better up time...

You could try a remotely hosted Invision Power Board - InvisionFree

sounds good but i wonder how they're managing. they say they have to pay $7000 and they're giving away free hosting and no advertising on it too. :eek:

Maybe Iksoh won the lottery or something. I always used to claim that if I ever won the lottery I'd start a free host like xtremesite.com.

it would be nice if xtremesite.com would answer e-mails or would explain things. My site is on time reachable and the other completely gone. When will everything be fixed ? I am getting complaints from my users. If i could tell them to have patients for another week it would not be that bad, all i can answer them now is to have patients but for how long ?

i still think it could be a great host when it is working well, so no complaints just............please let us now and send us updates what you are doing xtremsite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back