• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Update on Datablocks.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NC_TOM
First off.. Thanks a lot for the support SOME OF YOU are giving us!! :D

Secondly.. The rest of you who are bashing us, just back off a little and don't be so fast to diss the service before you've even seen it! I hope you'll learn sooner or later..

To the owner of Downtownhost: NETCABINS HARD DRIVE CRASHED. It was an accident. We made the mistake of not having any recent backups. We never DELETED the users' files. And we never LIED to any of our users as you are suggesting.

About the delays in NetCabins re-opening.. I was going based on what John said. When he works, his guessed opening date is usually way before the actual opening date. I've learned that now and I haven't made any more promises to people about when our service is re-opening, because John's estimate dates are usually not the same as the actual date. When John told me late March, I told the public we'd be open in April.

John was gone for a couple of months, and I was going to run the service again on my own, or just not re-open it altogether. For all that I've went through, nobody else here could have handled it too much better than I did.

I hope all of you HATERS see us a little bit differently when you're using us to host your website sometime. A lot of you haters really don't know what you're talking about anyway, it seems.

>> EDIT >> Oh, and by the way, trenzterra, how do you manage to run a "Corporation" (LOL) yet you can't afford anything better than a CJB.net subdomain?? Why call it a corporation when it's really an unlicensed personal website?

Just curious about that one..

That's why I'm waiting for you guys to open.

First off.. Thanks a lot for the support SOME OF YOU are giving us!! :D

Secondly.. The rest of you who are bashing us, just back off a little and don't be so fast to diss the service before you've even seen it! I hope you'll learn sooner or later..

To the owner of Downtownhost: NETCABINS HARD DRIVE CRASHED. It was an accident. We made the mistake of not having any recent backups. We never DELETED the users' files. And we never LIED to any of our users as you are suggesting.

About the delays in NetCabins re-opening.. I was going based on what John said. When he works, his guessed opening date is usually way before the actual opening date. I've learned that now and I haven't made any more promises to people about when our service is re-opening, because John's estimate dates are usually not the same as the actual date. When John told me late March, I told the public we'd be open in April.

John was gone for a couple of months, and I was going to run the service again on my own, or just not re-open it altogether. For all that I've went through, nobody else here could have handled it too much better than I did.

I hope all of you HATERS see us a little bit differently when you're using us to host your website sometime. A lot of you haters really don't know what you're talking about anyway, it seems.

>> EDIT >> Oh, and by the way, trenzterra, how do you manage to run a "Corporation" (LOL) yet you can't afford anything better than a CJB.net subdomain?? Why call it a corporation when it's really an unlicensed personal website?

Just curious about that one..

Maybe you didn't know, we are going to promote free website designing for those who don't know HTML. I can't guarentee we're gonna do that, that's a plan. We are going to open more sections, like you can post your stories etc...

Well, I don't wanna pay for web hosting, what I'm doing is free. I'd rather spend it on my internet bills.

>> EDIT >> Oh, and by the way, trenzterra, how do you manage to run a "Corporation" (LOL) yet you can't afford anything better than a CJB.net subdomain??
The answer's obvious. blahblah.freehomepages.com looks even more unprofessional than blahblah.cjb.net :D

To the owner of Downtownhost: NETCABINS HARD DRIVE CRASHED. It was an accident. We made the mistake of not having any recent backups.

Very professional huh?:confused:

What is your problem, Jedito????

I got a bit unprofessional. I've been posting on this forum for 3 years, and I've finally learned that I don't have to be all professional 100% of the time.

YOU are the one who suggested that I lied to people about my service. I did the opposite of that! I just re-explained the situation, admitted once again that it was my mistake, and you responded saying that I'm an unprofessional businessman.

There are a lot of people on this site who would say NetCabins was the best host ever before we went down the first time. They'll be saying that again after we get back online.

I'll never recommend Downtownhost or any of your sites to anybody I know, but on the other hand I won't waste my time bashing your services the way you've been bashing NetCabins.

What is your problem, Jedito????

I got a bit unprofessional. I've been posting on this forum for 3 years, and I've finally learned that I don't have to be all professional 100% of the time.
You was the one who boasted yourself about your hosting experience. Show it, don't tell it.

YOU are the one who suggested that I lied to people about my service. I did the opposite of that! I just re-explained the situation, admitted once again that it was my mistake, and you responded saying that I'm an unprofessional businessman.

There are a lot of people on this site who would say NetCabins was the best host ever before we went down the first time. They'll be saying that again after we get back online.

I'll never recommend Downtownhost or any of your sites to anybody I know, but on the other hand I won't waste my time bashing your services the way you've been bashing NetCabins.
PLEASE!! DON'T DO IT!!!

cool MEN...don't fight on this board for CUSTOMERS will be seeing (rather reading) what you're doing...remeber, your businesses are at stake...

(of course, I'm not implying that you fight somewhere else)

Originally posted by Jedito

Very professional huh?:confused:

Gosh darnit, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PERFECT COMPUTERS!!! You can't blame an innocent FWP owner for something that just happens in computer reality. Even paid hosts don't have perfect computers (it may just seem that way since they can afford to back up user's files on a regular basis due to the fact that they aren't as crowded as FWP's).

Re: be positive, guys!

Originally posted by langgam
One thing I've noticed on this board is that people always discourage one another. I mean, someone is trying to give you a good (GREAT) service, then you put them down so easily. Yes, there are a lot of crappy FWP's but DataBlocks as well as NetCabins are not a neophyte in this business. They tried to provide you first class services before. Unfortunately, they didn't succeed in doing so but their back and with them are the lessons they learned earlier.

So what am I trying to say? There are some people who are willing to serve you, but you are constantly bringing them down! Give them a chance! Didn't you discouraged Yupapa before? Look at him now? He is now providing quality service to a lot of people. But some are still trying to put him down and no one can do anything about it. Who knows, these guys (netcabins, datablocks, yupapa, et. al.) may leave you all dumbfounded in the near future.

To the guys who were constantly "harrased" by these people, just go on with your services and continue to serve people. Remember, you can serve more individuals than these so-called net critiques.

Good luck to all of you!

:) :) :) :)

I have been an avid visite to FreeWebspace.net for about 1 year and a hlf now and it breaks my heart to see people discouraging one another, granted i could see cause for the point of view but i think we should embrace new ideas and help people who need it.

MOst FWP fail because they have people who use their services and do nothing in return. Ad Banners fail because people forget about them and think them annoying..but I say a 460X68 banner is a SMALL price to pay for a FREE service. I say that if you need to advertise with banners go right ahead, I will click on them daily. I will support you with my clicks.

Anywayz not to get off on a rant here but, I am glad that Datablacks is coming back :D I say best of luck and if you need someone to send you some money monthly to provide such a great service I am willing to spend $5/month to help any FWP pay for bandwidth and other misc costs. I believe that FWP can ONLY stay alive if the people who use them Support them and embrace the idea that people care enough to provide something that costs nothing. The price is small so..if its something you don't have to take out of YOUR pocket then I say nothing wrong with 1 or 2 ad banners :D

HOWEVER pop ups are just annoying..ad banner are ok..but the popup just gotta DIE!!! :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Jedito

You was the one who boasted yourself about your hosting experience. Show it, don't tell it.

PLEASE!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Umm..your fighting is showing a level of Unprofessionalism that is mind boggling..I would implore you to reach a mutual understanding and decist in your foolish bashing...

if u need further info regarding my POV read my prior post.

remember all FWP should be :cool2:

Re: Re: be positive, guys!

Originally posted by GuruXL

MOst FWP fail because they have people who use their services and do nothing in return. Ad Banners fail because people forget about them and think them annoying..but I say a 460X68 banner is a SMALL price to pay for a FREE service. I say that if you need to advertise with banners go right ahead, I will click on them daily. I will support you with my clicks.
------------
I believe that FWP can ONLY stay alive if the people who use them Support them and embrace the idea that people care enough to provide something that costs nothing. The price is small so..if its something you don't have to take out of YOUR pocket then I say nothing wrong with 1 or 2 ad banners :D

HOWEVER pop ups are just annoying..ad banner are ok..but the popup just gotta DIE!!! :biggrin2:

Very well said... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back