• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

update doesn't work

harrylmh

I have a form that allows users to edit their information. When the user saves, the changes are saved into a table and the page refreshes.

Here's the problem:
changes are saved to the mysql table and the page loads with the new information. But when I re-enter the script again by clicking on the link, the data is reverted back to the original!

I checked the mysql table and the change was there. But the page shows the previous data after a re-enter and subsequent tries.

It's only when I log off or close the browser and try again, that the new data is displayed. This is true for both IE and Netscape.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, it a browser problem. I tried clearing the browser cache and refreshing the page and the new data shows.

I thought maybe the solution would be somehow clear the user's cache automatically but then this wouldn't be good because my pages would load more slowly and there have to always be a transfer of pages and images and this is a waste of bandwidth.

Back