• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unresponsive Clients... What To Do?

DevilsHost

Hey guys,

I'm having something of an issue with a client who is not responding to emails yet is very active on ftp after looking through my server logs, I wanted to contact him about some seemingly personal media files he has uploaded, they are unrelated to his site, as they are video files i obviously don't want them being frequently used or streamed as vids eat bandwidth and resources.

He's not responding to emails (he didnt respond to a pm on the forum i sent him a few weeks ago either but that was unrelated)

I'm just wondering what the best thing is to do under these circumstances, what would you do?

If you dont want to delete them, MOVE them.

But if he continues to not respond, id just suspend the account.
He will be answering you quick smart!

Thats what I was thinking too, will surely get him checking his emails lol but it was something I didnt want to have to resort to.

I always try to give my clients the chance to explain why they have certain files in their accounts or explain what certain files are, as you can usually tell by their responses if they are being honest or not, or up to not good. but youd think people would check theyre email adress they use for their host wouldnt you? or even use a valid one...why wouldnt you I just dont get it lol.

This guy is a free hosting client right? You have more right to suspend him without cause because of this. If it is a paid customer you need to be a little bit nicer lol. But if your free client is suspected of misusing your service, you should suspend and wait for him to contact you. Maybe send out an email telling why he was suspended and what he needs to do to rectify the situation

depending on your circumstances I think you have many options. I would move the clients files and leave an index page with a contact email for you. this should help incase communication links have been severed

Back