• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unlimited Host (I know what you'll say)

Makeveli

I'm looking for a host with the following features:
-Unlimited bandwith (I need about 60GB/mo)
I know unlimited isn't real, but some don't limit you. Of course you couldn't use 5TB's of bandwith.
-Unlimited subdomains
-Unlimited E-mail accounts
-Unlimited Private FTP accounts [So say the ftp account for the subdomain Sports.mydomain.com with the username sports and pass miketysonwilleatyourchildren, so that can't get into the main FTP for my site]
-Unlimited storage (500MB+)
-Web Based Email
-Cpanel3 (Don't have to have, but I like it)
-I prefer Unix
-PHP4
-MySQL
-CGI/perl

I would also like to run a web mail script like squirrelmail on the site, but I think that requires modifying the route and you need dedicated for that or so i've been told.

I'm looking at www.2mhost.com right now.
Please dont reply if all you're gonna tell me is unlimited doesn't exist, I'm aware of that a lot of people think this.

Your not going to get that unless you go for a dedicated server, and shell out a few hundred a month. Your best bet is to go on over to WebHostingTalk.com in the web host advertisng forum explain what you need, minus the unlimited crap, and see what offers arise.

No offense Makeveli, Unlimited Space could mean 20MB, 200MB or 500MB. Unlimited Transfer could mean as low as 1GB, 2GB or 5GB.

No offense taken...
Does datapacket.net have a good repuation?
It's advertised right above you. $50/month for either reseller or premium plan....Very good deal if you ask me.
What do you think of them?
I know in the TOS they use the wrong form of then...
So that kind of scared me.

I'm actually considering hte $50/month plan.

But this scares me

Bandwidth Restrictions
Although we advertise unlimited bandwidth, we reserve the right to inform you that you must transfer your website if an excessive amount of bandwidth is being used. If the request is not met within 5 days, we do reserve the right to remove the website from our system.

Other than that, they look great.
I dont want to pay a lot of money, then have my account deleted.
I e-mailed them this morning and still no reply. I forgot to ask them about the bandwith though, I'll ask them if and when they reply.

ask them about "excessive". if you're not breaking any rules but your site just recieves a lot of hits, they shouldn't kick you off.

I guarante I wont break any rules, but I just dont know what they consider excessive....I mean I could use 20GB, or I might even use more like 50GB, maybe more. I'll ask them if that's "excessive".
Well if they reply, so far no reply..but they say it can take up to 24 hours.

Originally posted by Makeveli
I guarante I wont break any rules, but I just dont know what they consider excessive....I mean I could use 20GB, or I might even use more like 50GB, maybe more. I'll ask them if that's "excessive".
Well if they reply, so far no reply..but they say it can take up to 24 hours.

If you look at the terms and conditions of any unlimited host you will find the same thing. It all depends on how much resources you take up on there server compared to the other sites that are hosted on the same machine.

Originally posted by evilhaze

They do? Can you provide some proof to this statement?

actually i was kind of feverish and i was kinda hallucinating at the moment, i thought he was asking about rackshack :p:eek:

Not all unlimited hosts say that, but most do.

I assume the people who run this site like datapacket.net or else DPN is just paying them a lot of money.

We have several services in the above families designed specifically for Internet Providers, Virtual Internet Providers, Carriers, and others who wish to use our leading Internet infrastructure as the basis for an Internet service they offer their own customers. Find out more about our Wholesale services and network which is used by the Microsoft Network, AOL, CompuServe and many other of the world's leading Internet providers.

I guess they service Microsoft and AOL.

Back