• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

unlimited bandwith........???

Or:

As long as you do not compromise the server's ability to just that, serve, then you may use up as much of the bandwidth as you want, etc.

unlimited means "without bounds", "infinite", without borders and nothing is that.

Hello
I think you need to get this in perspective.

What is being refered to here is unlimited free bandwidth where you pay no extra regardless of how much you use.
Obviously that does not exist.

However, all hosts effectively offer unlimited amounts of bandwidth provided you are willing to pay for it.

We have a customer using 150GB per month.
If he wants 10,000GB a month we can arrange that through multiple servers, load balancing etc.

The difference is he is paying for it .

If it was free it would be completely unsustainable as we have to pay for the bandwidth we supply him with.

So........... unlimited bandwidth is possible (and I don't mean infinite bandwidth) but you will have to pay for it.

Gordon

I've stated in some thread before here and at sitepoint and webhostingtalk that I can give you unlimited bandwidth hosting but it would cost you an "unlimited" amount of dollars.

OC3072 159.252GBPS
Optical Carrier 3072, fiberoptic networks

Most powerful leased line available.

Seems like their getting faster everyday!

To tell you the truth, I have an OC3072 hooked up to my house. The bill $900,000 is well worth the investment. I have had it for a whole 5 days and it's burnt up every harddrive that I have installed, and another thing why give me 152gigs per second and only 500 mb download :D :D :D :D :D

Robert

Didn't you read the recent Telstra announcement...bandwidth limits are for our own good. :)

Cheers

Gary

LOL Yes :D

$250US per month for 10gig download 1.5/256 is not a price an average family can afford. They must be crazy!. They have to fire Ziggy he has no clue on what he is doing, he is running a circus!

Robert

I wanna know how he sleeps at night... :)

How's my hometown? I hail from the West as well.

Cheers

Gary

Another West Aussie :D. Yeh were doing fine, come to think of it why did you leave?. I don't think he does sleep, I mean they took away the 3gig cap to review the customer opinion. Customers don't want to pay more. They wan't the cap increased to what 5-6gigs (well from what I have read @ ausforum, and whirlpool). Now after this 3gig cap I think he has pushed us users over the line introducing $450AU plans! In Sweden you can get 10mbit/10mbit for $50AU unlimited downloads. Telstra and their monopolistic ways

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Robert

I left 12 years ago. Did the Army thing and saw the country. Stopped when we got to Brisbane. :)

Yeah, the bandwidth/pricing announcement hasn't gone down too well. I don't have much of an opinion on it as we'd be lucky to use a GB or so ourselves, but that's not to say that it shouldn't be providing for a wider cross-section of users.

Can you get iiNet's community cable service up where you are? (if I remember rightly you're up the northern end of Wannerroo Road?)

Gary

No that's only in a new estate "ellenbrook", We wouldnt want it anyway 500mb just doesnt do it for us as we run our own mailserver.

Robert

Gotcha.

Well, we've certainly gone off topic considering the title of this particular thread. :) Might catch you up for a chat when I visit there next.

Cheers

Gary

Back