• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

united colo good?

It's a brand new company and no way in hell can they afford to keep those prices...

Look around WHT and you'll find out that many people have yet to get their servers.

P4 2.0 GHz
1 GB DDR
100 GB HDD
1000 GB data-transfer
$199

Damn!!!! :eek: And I thought RS was inexpensive...

Actually they aren't a new company, they have been offering colo and whatnot for a while now. Before you take any step further, I would do a search on unitedcolo on webhostingtalk. Some of the things that company is doing is just completely dodgy. One being prettending their router is an InterNAP stop, where the IP is owned by them .. just a complete lie. Not only that, but to my knowledge they have not publicly admited to serving through cogenent.. only internap.. I don't even think Internap is a primary bandwidth source any longer.

Originally posted by Haze
Actually they aren't a new company, they have been offering colo and whatnot for a while now. Before you take any step further, I would do a search on unitedcolo on webhostingtalk. Some of the things that company is doing is just completely dodgy. One being prettending their router is an InterNAP stop, where the IP is owned by them .. just a complete lie. Not only that, but to my knowledge they have not publicly admited to serving through cogenent.. only internap.. I don't even think Internap is a primary bandwidth source any longer.

http://www.unitedcolo.com/network.htm

I see cogent there.

They are using HE bandwidth though. And they do have internap bandwidth, it's just not much in use.

Ahh, it's all good. :) We've got a box there for backups and SMTP. They have suffered some outages (as does any provider who rocks the boat), but for the price we can't complain. We don't specifically need high availability, but they are living up to their uptime guarantee anyway. I probably wouldn't put any paying clients on there until they settle down a bit, but all in all it's a good solution for our needs.

Regards

Gary

It's far too early to tell. They have only just ventured into the dedicated server market with a huge server acquisition and a might attractive offer. Naturally, the latter has attracted ddos attacks and lots of scepticism. Once things settle down, and the do or don't honour their pricing "on the day", a bigger picture could be established.

But they honour their guarantee. We recorded enough downtime to qualify, sent the logs and got a favourable response. 20% of our bill for one box is not worth getting excited about, so we did it to see if they'd come good with their guarantee and they did. Whether we get or put more boxes there is another thing right now, but some of our managed server clients are liking the prospects.

Definitely one to watch, I'd say.

Gary

Well I would go with RS, but they are always sold out of everything. They never have a 1.7GHZ p-4 offer for long.

Back