• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ultrabitt.com

DjG

maaaan, i know, sum1 else found it
but try
www.ultrabitt.com

youll get all this

www.yourname.com
- 75 megabytes space
- 2 gigabytes bandwidth
- Unlimited sub domains
- Site Statistics
- PHP4, MySQL, CGI, SSI
- MS FrontPage extensions
- Unlimited POP3 accounts
- Unlimited auto responders
- Unlimited mailing lists
- Unlimited e-mail forwards
- PhpMyAdmin
- Web stats
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- CPanel control panel
- MX records modification
- Much more...
- NO ADS OF ANY KIND

damn thats good or?
any1 tried it?
peace

It's free, but you have to own the domain name.
I recommend http://www.123-reg.co.uk for that.

Can anyone buy me a .co.uk domain from them (total cost £6.30 per 2 years) cos my parents won't let me?
Alternatively, is there a free host like this that doesn't require a domain name?

that's not a subdomain... it's not even a subdirectory. it's got the little tilda in there. call it whatever you want, except 'subdomain'...

Last edited:
My first post here for over a year and a half...

Okay this host is just a reincarnation of that famous Tera-Byte reseller a long time ago that suddenly died when everybody started using it. I forget the name, but I'm sure some other old-timers would remember it. Anyway, the owners are the same people of the dead business found before.

They check your site to make sure your content/layout is nice and adequate. Then they make sure you bought your own domain name and only then will they host you. After that, they die in a couple of months.

hmm, welcome back bro :D
but i think ur right...
thats too much of all
75megs...cgi.bin,mysql,ftp,no ads...alll of it...maybe they will die...
buts not sure...peac

I have ultrabit as my host...for one of mmy sites...
They are great equal to many paid hosts... though u do need a domain.. if u try to fool them with a fake domain .. they will remove ur account and yea they do give u ur space on a sub folder like domain/~name

Originally posted by Coolin
I forget the name, but I'm sure some other old-timers would remember it.
It was GCSNet.

Things like what they are providing just isn't possible. There is no possible way they can survive even with ads. At least they aren't offerign a static IP this stime...

Just a note to all persons thinking they can get a site at www.ultrabitt.com/~username -> We don't allow this as we are a domain hosting service. If you would like to use our service, you must already OWN your domain and your name servers must be pointed to ns1.ultrabitt.com and ns2.ultrabitt.com by the time you apply. Failure to do so will result in an instant rejection.

We have to be strict due to the overwhelming response to our service. :D

John,
Ultrabitt Admin

Ultrabitt is a domain hosting service. If you don't have one, this is not for you. We will not host a persons' website if they do not have a domain pointed to our servers. About a week after signing up, we use a script to verify the ip of that domain. If the ip does not match our servers', your site will be deleted. Since this is a FREE webhost, we have a low tolerance towards abusers. Therefor, we are going to put in place a policy that you have to already have pointed your domain to our name servers and it has have propogated (we will see ns1.ub.com in your domain record) by the time WE check your application. This assures us that people signing up, indeed, own their own domain and want to use us as their host.

John,
Ultrabitt Admin

Back