• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Uk2

Hey,
UK2 has a dedicated for £25 (That is 37$ US) with 250GB/Transfer Per Year (20GB/per month). And A set up fee £199 (About 290$ US).
Specs:
Hardware
Cobalt RaQ3
250 GB data transfer / year
(20 Gigabyte / month)
10.2GB harddisk
Own IP number
512kb L2 cache
100mbit Ethernet
64MB RAM PC100
Amd K6 3D processor

Software

Full root access
Secure telnet access
Cobalt Super Web Admin

Apache 1.3.x fully loaded
+ FrontPage 2000 ext.
+ OpenSSL 0.9.2b
+ Modperl 1.21
+ modssl 2.2.8

I am about to buy it.... I have looked in there agreement... someone sayed to me you had to pay for months in advanced. But I can not find that stated anywhere.....

The Only thing I could find wrong was the £6.99 (10$ US)PER 1GB
I really do not care about that, cuz I will not be needing it.
And If I want more websites I just get enother Rack....
Comments?

Originally posted by smartmlp
Full root access
Secure telnet access

1. If you didn't have root access, what kind of leased server is this?
2. SSH can be easily installed by going to pkg.nl.cobalt.com :p

Re: lol

LOL!
Always looking at the bad side.. eh?

I want you see the light... =;)=

uk2 isn't really a great host...there have been many complaints.

Use the search function and search for UK2 in this forum, and go do the same thing at webhostingtalk.com

On the page where you input your card details it will have in red letters that you are paying for the service 3 years up front. That is if it is the same as last time. 20GB isn't that much. Have a look at raqshack.net or cobaltraq.com. They sell raq 4's, better processor e.t.c.

3 years up front will be a thousand pounds.

Please if you have any sense do not use UK2.NET. They are a complete scam and will leave you up the s*** creek without a paddle.

Thanks
I am NOT going with UK2
I was looking around. and ICQ'ed a few people. and some one reccomended this to me:
RaQ 2i Platform
AMD X86
24 IP Addresses
32MB DRAM
10.2GB Hard Disk
200GB of Traffic (Wahoo)
$0/Setup (Cool)
$75/Month
http://www.cyberhostit.com/colo.html
They say they love them, and I plan to offer free hosting with this.
All I got to do is add a automated setup file that I already got, so I do not have to spend time in the control panel adding all the domains.

With only 32 megs of RAM I'd be very cautious of how many sites you put on that server.

Thanks
I am NOT going with UK2
I was looking around. and ICQ'ed a few people. and some one reccomended this to me:
RaQ 2i Platform
AMD X86
32MB DRAM
10.2GB Hard Disk
200GB of Traffic (Wahoo)
$0/Setup (Cool)
$75/Month
http://www.cyberhostit.com/colo.html
They say they love them, and I plan to offer free hosting with this.
All I got to do is add a automated setup file that I already got, so I do not have to spend time in the control panel adding all the domains.

If you were going for the world record, shortest lived free host ever, this would certainly be the server I'd lease. To take over a small town, you need a tank. You're going in there with a bb gun. Wear your dog tags so we know where to send the body.

Honestly, don't do this, this server cannot handle what you are thinking of doing to it. RaQs are fine for some things, free hosting is not one of them. And yes, I lease and run a RaQ, so don't think that I just hate them like everyone else.

It is only gonna be MAX 20 sites,

if you had any sense, you would know that hosting 20 active sites on that piece of crap would cause a lot of problems and would not generate a profit.

Originally posted by Chicken

If you were going for the world record, shortest lived free host ever, this would certainly be the server I'd lease. To take over a small town, you need a tank. You're going in there with a bb gun. Wear your dog tags so we know where to send the body.

More like a slingshot ;)

More RAM and a faster processor if possible.

Of those 10.2 GB, 10 GB of it is probably suitable for hosting:

1) don't expect customers right away.
2) expect abusers
3) you need some form of revenue, what kind of ads are you using?

Back