• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.uk Domains

maddude

b&
b&
i once saw a thread just over a month ago in this forum where some person was asking if you can get .uks it had over 20 posts and they all said NO in correction you can! .co.uk means company in the uk (where im from great britain) if your not a company you can get .uk domains like mypersonalsite.uk. I dont know whether you have to be a uk person but i am so thats why i dont know. I think people are content with .uk .co.uk is actually a company that have registered it and use it as a TLD with granted permission i dont have a .co.uk or .uk domain but i may do in future slickvision.co.uk is just an example of a site using .co.uk and are not a company, its run by my old friend jimbo. if you have any questions or are confused post here. DONT PM ME ALL PMS THAT I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR ON A THREAD WILL BE DELETED! :)

You don't need to be a company or have "special permission" to have a .co.uk domain. Oh and a company hasn't register co.uk - it is a real domain.

You are right regarding the ".uk" domain, you need special permission from Nominet and they cost an absolute bomb (they are DEFINATELY not free).

Thank god you didn't revive the old thread.

Last edited:
Back