• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ughh things are tough all over:

Dave|C

http://www.cpfc.org | 1.5m+ impressions a month

I got accepted by fastclick and have been running their ads since the start of the month.

My average CPM is .19c on the ads they pay me for, alas this is a tiny minority of my inventory.

The others are defaults which I farm to contentzone who report these impressions incorrectly.

I am projecting circa $120 this month for roughly 1.5m impressions

what are you supposed to do?

That's very unsavoury...but, not all that unusual these days.

Members of Go4Media, L90, Burst and UGO have been reporting similarly pitiful CPM rates since January, and it's hard to give you any solid alternatives since most banner agencies (and even some affiliate managers!) have stopped accepting new publisher accounts for undisclosed periods.

Still, anyone whose CPM rates drop to $0.10 should at least experiment with the likes of CJ (SmartZones banner rotation), ValueClick, WebsiteSponsors, Websponsors, Safe-Audit, BulkClicks, etc, etc...

Keep FastClick as your main provider, though, as they remain one of the most promising ad networks - just direct your defaults to different sources to test their effectiveness against ContentZone's.

Originally posted by Czar
CJ (SmartZones banner rotation)

From what I've heard CJ's SmartZone rotator is extremley bad, from personal experience it's not very good. If you can, I'd reccomend getting another script to do that for you.

Best of luck,

I must admit, I haven't used SmartZones myself, so I can vouch for its reliability.

In that case, you could always redirect your defaults to your own ad-serving software (such as AdCycle), and use that to serve ads from CJ, Websponsors, BulkClicks, etc.

Back