• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Twitter Breaking News Site

Johnson

i love c&y
NLC
I had some spare time today and put together http://www.tweetnews.mobi It basically shows you breaking news as it happens via twitter. I went for an ultra-minimalistic design approach, but am open to any suggestions on changes and additions.

Thanks

Is there a mobile (android/iphone) version of the site? I think the blue color of links can be darkened slightly. Other than that, there's not much to criticize since it's nice and simple as it should be.

Try to improve the speed, maybe use a different server ? First time visit loading was very very slow, 5-10 seconds. At 2nd visit was 2 seconds, because of cached files.

I am just saying that first time users may not have the patience to wait for the website to load...

I don't think it's quite that slow... I went used a few speed test services. The site's average is 1.11sec to be fully loaded.

On the mobile version (Android's default browser for me) I see trending topics at the very bottom. Maybe reduce it to about 5 topics and flip it to the top? Or better yet, add a link to the top of the page to get to the trending topics.

I don't any idea about that twitter breaking news site but i am using twitter for increasing my own site like that improving the page rank and increasing the traffic on my site.So i like twitter and other social media site like that facebook and digg.

Just visited that site. Really a great work friend. I don't know how will you get these breaking news from twitter because some may give wrong news and that may spread like a fire among the tweeters.

What about a "Compact" option, where it doesn't list the Trending topics, so it can put all the tweets in smaller font on one line, and then the page might not need scrolling?

Back