• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tripod stupid ads

xenogear

sorry but i don't user tripod cuz their stupid ads =*(
its not good with ads its just annoying ok with a little mini banner on the site but this is to much...:angry2:

Why is it bad?

Is it another one of those rants we discussed earlier?

"... a host is 'crap' because it has advertising and / or it doesn't support PHP, MySQL, CGI, 99GB bandwidth..."

What is your classification of a good web host ?

the host isn't crap, i too liked a normal banner more then this banner but hey, me and you don't pay for it so you gotta live with it.

Yeah, Tripod.co.uk does support PHP, MySQL, CGI, and unmetered data transfer, so you shouldn't say "they suck" just because of their ads! Geez, why is everyone so against ads? Servers don't pay for themselves! You should be grateful that they don't put popup ads on your site (or do they?).

Originally posted by Cracker
Yeah, Tripod.co.uk does support PHP, MySQL, CGI, and unmetered data transfer, so you shouldn't say "they suck" just because of their ads! Geez, why is everyone so against ads? Servers don't pay for themselves! You should be grateful that they don't put popup ads on your site (or do they?).

no, they don't.:D

You should be happy that you can find a host that has php and mysql and doesn't have pop ups. A banner isn't really a big problem, is it?

Originally posted by mbs
PHP, MySQL, CGI, 99GB bandwidth.. minus their stupid ads = good web host :D

get a paid hosting in dis case.
if there's a free one, it'll die very fast.
take xtremesite.com for example ;)

Originally posted by mbs

There Is no such thing lycos/tripod is the best so far without adverts you would have to pay for your webspace just thank your lucky stars their is free hosting otherwise you would have to pay.
a cheap host though is http://www.aventurehosting.co.uk/
there really cheap for what you get and prices are yearly so if you wanna ditch the ads go here otherwise just drop it.

Originally posted by mbs

Hmm... do you want 999MB webspace with that? oh and 900% up-time?

Don't forget Mr xenogear - you get what you pay for, if you are prepared to pay a "pea" for hosting, then expect to receive "pea-nut" hosting.

(I liked that...)

NO ONE should get anything for free ESPECIALLY when one doesn't want to EARN for it... (in terms of hosting)

in my opinion its just so annoying but good host fast and so on but.

Reliable host(99,9% uptime)
but their isn't any yet :-(

Originally posted by xenogear
sorry misspelled mean there instead of their

Of course there are.. long surviving hosts which do not offer an abundant of features such as PHP and MySQL or CGI have good up-time...

You can't be too greedy now can you and want the lot? :biggrin2:

Originally posted by mbs

If I saw a host offering that, I'd stay miles away. Hosts offering a ridiculous amount of features are the WORST!

Originally posted by KBC

NO ONE should get anything for free ESPECIALLY when one doesn't want to EARN for it... (in terms of hosting)

Well, I think that can be applied to real life. I don't think those lazy asses who don't feel like working in America should get the benefits of social welfare. :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, I think that can be applied to real life. I don't think those lazy asses who don't feel like working in America should get the benefits of social welfare. :D

:biggrin2: You can't really get something from doing nothing can you? :biggrin2:

Input Nothing = Output Nothing

the add goes away in a small box after 3 seconds , i dont like adds eather but tripod has unlimited bandwith and just 1 banner add no popups , were can you get a deal like that for free ?

Back