• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TRIPOD SAYS TAT THEY SUPPORT CGI. BUT DOES THEY ALLOW U TO CHMOD CGI FILES?

surfdemonss

I TRIED TO CHMOD A CGI FILE BUT IT DIDN'T WORK SAYS BOUT 502 ERROR. IN IT MY NOT SUPPORTED ON A REMOTE SERVER SO WHAT THE HELL IS TAT MEAN? DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS . THANKS

Originally posted by surfdemonss
I TRIED TO CHMOD A CGI FILE BUT IT DIDN'T WORK SAYS BOUT 502 ERROR. IN IT MY NOT SUPPORTED ON A REMOTE SERVER SO WHAT THE HELL IS TAT MEAN? DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS . THANKS

You want an answer? Do these two things:

1. stop with the fucking ALL CAPS

2. learn how to spell

Maybe posting to Tripod support gives you better result...?

As far as I know tripod cgi is very limited, which means you basicly cannot do anything but simple forms with it...

If they offer CGI, then it would pretty much without saying that they offer chmod? Otherwise, how would you ever make your scripts executable?

Maybe they enable CGI only in the cgi-bin? And they change permissions automatically?

(This is the last time I respond to an all caps message...is your capslock key stuck or something!! its so annoying)

i dont see y caps is so annoying but anyway
tripod cgi sucks
it never works everytime i've tried it
you do not chmod nuffin it does it automatically
and it also sux balls
so screw tripod go to like spaceports for some cgi

How tripod works, from my understandings and experince
with them up to this point, is all CGI files
are auto chmod at 755, reading somewhere in there support
faq, it tells you the server will chmod any cgi to 755
ive tryed at least 10 scripts, none of them worked..
so as I can tell, they only offer tripod-cgi...

sad.. because they could be more than just another fwp
if more basic CGI would work, even if all didnt, at
least a little more than current.

Back