• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tripod ads

clearjade

Does anyone know how to revert the customized banner with the skins back to the old one? I mean the one they inserted on your page before you even touched the ad options. I emailed them and asked for support and all the gave me was a stupid answer...basically how to change the ad type. Ugh. I want to do this because it's adding an extra bit of horizontal scrollbar when I use cjb.net cloaking. See for yourself: http://www.clearjade.cjb.net
I also want to make the banner narrower so that at 640 x 480 there is no scrollbar.

Originally posted by michael p bennett
clearjade give me ur email address and i will tell you. it shouldnt be discussed here

Why? He's not asking how to remove the add.. He's asking how to revert it back to the old style.

Clearjade, It looks like the widest part of your page is the text in the table - not the banner.

I am at 1024x768 and there is still a very slight horizontal scroll bar.

Originally posted by laurie

Why? He's not asking how to remove the add.. He's asking how to revert it back to the old style.

Isn't he asking about that 'news-layout'?

Does anyone know how to revert the customized banner with the skins back to the old one?
Nope... Sorry, and their customer service emails I think just get deleted.

ACK! I'm not a "he"! I'm a GIRL u guys...sheesh. :p I emailed them yesterday asking them to delete my account so that I can reregister it again and get the old ads back. It's something with my table? But when I tried on other providers there was no horizontal scrollbar using the cjb.net cloaking. Oh and goku, just view my source lol. My layout is not very hard at all....well there are a lot of tables, but not as many as other sites I've seen.

thats simple you log in on the main page then there will be a set of folder like tabs at the top you click on my account tab and then the ads option is in about the middle of the page with the cjb thing you can also remove the ads altogether but we wont go there

You're just telling me how to change the skin, not how to change it back to the one with the banner and the links underneath...the one u get when u first sign up!! Ack I feel like I'm going in circles. @_@

Well I changed the ad to a popup thing and I don't get the problem anymore...so it must be the table or something. I don't want popups though!! I'd rather have banners. I dunno. I tried the cloak on other tripod pages with ad skins and they don't get that extra scrollbar. I'm so confused.

I am not using the cloak feature throughout the whole website, and (the cloak is getting rid of the popup ad) I don't want my site deleted anytime soon. There's no way I'm going through that again.
Oye geez u didn't think I was so stupid that I couldn't figure out how to change my ad preferences. :p
I still want them to delete my account, but they haven't done it yet. Tomorrow I'll email em again.

y u wont banners neway?

????? y dont u just use tha pop-up option then with using cjb.net there will BE NO ADS AT ALL!!!i mean banners r dumb right? haha peace

OpiE

Does anyone ever pay attention or read closely what I say?! I just had my page deleted from another host...it was quite large so to speak...and I don't ever want it deleted again! Getting rid of the popups is directly violating Tripod's Terms of Service. Besides I'm thinking of another host since I need more space, and splitting it between several accounts is too confusing and more work.

only if u put a banner killer on ur web page would be a TOS but show me where it says u cant redirect ur site ok? then ill shut up and u should have ur shit saved neway right? but they shouldnt delete u for using pop-up then redirecting to cjb.net but if u dont wont that scroll bar u keep talking about then just use POP-UPS!!!

I already FIXED the scrollbar problem geez. READ EVERYTHING before you make a hasty remark. :p Tell that to Tripod after they delete someone's account for that...I betcha they won't care the method...you're still getting rid of it.

Originally posted by clearjade
Tell that to Tripod after they delete someone's account for that...I betcha they won't care the method...you're still getting rid of it.

Man, that is just stupid. It's not the member's fault if using stealth redirection to a Tripod account gets rid of the pop-up. It's not really cheating either, since someone could view it by opening another page of the site in its own window.

Back