• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Transparent Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Guy

Dork
NLC
Does anyone know how can I create good transparent images with psp 5? I want to "cut" out an image with the lasso and is successful. However there are unsightly white edges and they show up when I have a coloured background. Please advice.

Regards.

That is almost impossible to get rid of :( I don't actually use psp I am a photoshop guy, but try and make sure your angles are straight otherwise it will happen

Originally posted by guitarnerd
That is almost impossible to get rid of :( I don't actually use psp I am a photoshop guy, but try and make sure your angles are straight otherwise it will happen
Angles?

Well just try make your images square that way there will be no "dangling" pixels that are white

Originally posted by scarfication
use *.gif or *.png (png is better then gif but takes more space)formaat better depth?

Scarfication
Does png support transparency and you are retarded if you use png for a website they take TOO MUCH space

PNG's do support transparency.

Also, PNG's can be saved without certain background data, like vectors and creation dates so they will be smaller for the web.

when you save as gif ... or export gif .. there should be an option to save as transparent ... and to select what color is to be made transparent

You have to... "Save as Web" in Photoshop 5.5. I don´t know if 5.0 have this option, then select "transparency". There´s an option that says "Matte": this one is used for creating a border color around the picture. This border color should be approximately the color of the background you will use on your web page. You can use the option "none"

Yes, make sure you have the Matte set.

PNG's support Alpha transparency as well, but not in IE 6. In Moz and Opera it shows up nice though. I think you should stick to Gif's and Jpeg's for now though, as there are a few out there using old browsers.

Originally posted by megagente
You have to... "Save as Web" in Photoshop 5.5.
The Red Guy uses paintshop pro 5.

This thread is quite old so I am closing it so it doesn't get bumped for the 4th time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back