• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

transferring posts from one iB to another

meow

Rebutted, enshrined
NLC
I'm trying to find info for a friend in a jam. He needs to transfer all data from one ikonboard to another and has be told he can't transfer the posts/threads. I think I've heard you can.

What about?

They are down. Since so many here use boards I though some one would know.

then you should of said that :rolleyes:

well its a flat file database, so i think you could manualy do it, but too much work

shouldnt be to hard to write a script, mabey you should go from ikon to invision

It would help if you read the question iso.

OK, is there someone who knows how to do this?

so actually he wants to transfer his whole board content to another host?

if all content is kept in a mysql database, he can save it using phpmyadmin as a *.sql file and then re-upload this *.sql with myphpadmin on his new host

Originally posted by NITROboy
so actually he wants to transfer his whole board content to another host?

if all content is kept in a mysql database, he can save it using phpmyadmin as a *.sql file and then re-upload this *.sql with myphpadmin on his new host

Depends on what installation he did. if he did mysql installation then your post is correct or if he did it flat then its not correct.

OK, I'll have to check what he uses. Is phpmyadmin included in the board or does he have to get the script separately?

Originally posted by meow
OK, I'll have to check what he uses. Is phpmyadmin included in the board or does he have to get the script separately?

Its not from the board. Check if the host supplies it. If not try downloading it from sourceforget.net and installing it.

Ok, they have an import script installed in the Ikonboard (V3, if not upgrade it). Then you can download the tar ball and upload it into the new IB's directory then use Export function. Sometimes it doesn't work and you may have to download the patch found at Ikonboard's official support forums. Or you can make a sql dump. Either way it's workable.

Thanks for your advice. Alas he screwed up even more so he couldn't get into the ADMIN CP - and then he sort of gave up.

Originally posted by meow
Thanks for your advice. Alas he screwed up even more so he couldn't get into the ADMIN CP - and then he sort of gave up.
I screwed up too. However, it would have been better if he used IBF instead. Could have converted over and made a backup of it...

Don't think it was an option at this stage. It's heavily customized and he needed it up quickly. I've never set a board up so I wasn't to much help.
So IBF is better you say - I don't believe you! :biggrin2:

Back