• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Transferring clients between servers

CI-Theo

Hello,

Over the past few months, my company has grown to use a few VPS systems, but has still retained some clients on a small Reseller account. I am now planning to transfer clients to the current VPSes from a cPanel/WHM-based reseller account with a provider which I will not name.

For some reason, using the normal account transfer feature does not seem to work when attempting to move these accounts, and I usually receive an error about an SSH connection timeout as my current provider does not offer SSH.

Is there any other way which I can quickly transfer accounts in bulk, and if so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Use the backup function under each account's cPanel account. When performing the backup, use the FTP or SCP option and then directly pass these backups onto the destination server. You may then restore the cPMove files relatively easy.

If both servers are having Cpanel you can use the Cpanel software hosting account transfer function, login with the hosting account login name and try to transfer

Thanks @Sc-Daniel and @Engineerroy2008. Regrettably, I had to transfer each account using a feature inside WHM to copy individual accounts across, which was relatively time consuming - yet it worked eventually.

If you do not have root access both end then you will have to use individual account transfer using account password. I doubt if it is possible to bulk transfer the account without root access at both end.

Kailash

If both servers are having Cpanel you can use the Cpanel software hosting account transfer function, login with the hosting account login name and try to transfer
Yes Cpanel to Cpanel transfers are easy to proceed. And I believe that you can ask for the help your new reseller account provider. Just make sure you have backuped everything as that is very important and personal

Back