• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Total Site Report

Decker, I'm confused. Are you saying that it's illegal to gather up publicly available information? Whois, pagerank, Alexa, top keywords, age of site, language, backlinks, indexes, extension availability, preview are all publicly available.

I understand that blacklist and webhost/location may be inaccurate, but not at the fault of the script, but the sources. To my knowledge, the script itself doesn't generate information, except perhaps for ping time, but merely pulls it from different sources. If you have a beef, I suggest that you take it up with the sources of information and not some site that just pulls that information to one spot.

See the bit in bold, you've entered into the area of data provision and as such you have a 'duty of responsibility' to ensure its accuracy.
Essentially you have to terms/privacy or any other policy available at that site and that can get you in real trouble.

Asked GamePhreak for the sources this info is gathered from, after stating the same that those shoulld be contacted about wrong info, but it's where a site like that can again get into trouble, you don't have that information available 'when requested'.

Personally I think it's good, as in my first post about just moving the top left box out of the way :)

But you must be aware of the responsibilities that go with it - say a customer uses your site and decides not to buy from a site because of incorrect information your site presents - you can't say it wasn't our fault, ask the ones we got the info from - wrong, you become the information vendor and it's your responsibility to get it correct and take action if it's reported as not being.

Basically web info sites can be closed before opening due to not reaslising the knock on effects they can have - as above one companies about to be saved by a large order, guy goes to work Monday morning and says that company we're going to buy from is listed on this site and it doesn't look good, company doesn't get order many people out of work, families loose homes, ...... That might seem a bit extreme but it has been known, a little bit of 'mis-information' goes a long way.

Hope you see this as constructive crit, and okay yep I can be repetative and annoying - it's my job I'm a bloke :D

Cheers

Ok, I understand where you're coming from. We'll either fix blacklist and webhost/location checking or removing it altogether.

Would you mind pming me one site in which the location was incorrect?

ok, 20 sec is a little slow, but considering everything it it looking up, it is not bad. the longest it took was 20 for me, and 10 was the shortest.

Mr. Johnson's Internet is crappy, too... Trust me. Twenty seconds is no time to load all this on a single page. Imagine how much longer it would take to gather this all by yourself. Probably the same time in which you could load at least fifteen sites with this. The world for twenty seconds isn't that bad...

So any feedback - is it fixed?
Sent the info and nothing back - not good guys.

Can I now ask that the info providers that have supplied detrimental/any info through your scripts be supplied with full details to myself.

Thanks, I'd just like to get it sorted as google alerts which I get (probably spidered) are now showing my sites to the thead/site with historical bad reports and I don't want that.

If you could pm me the stuff guys I'd appreciate it before I go nuts and think the money spent by me to promote 'innocent' sites has been now unfairly represented.

design is horrible.

Care to elaborate?

So any feedback - is it fixed?
Sent the info and nothing back - not good guys.

Can I now ask that the info providers that have supplied detrimental/any info through your scripts be supplied with full details to myself.

Thanks, I'd just like to get it sorted as google alerts which I get (probably spidered) are now showing my sites to the thead/site with historical bad reports and I don't want that.

If you could pm me the stuff guys I'd appreciate it before I go nuts and think the money spent by me to promote 'innocent' sites has been now unfairly represented.

It's still being worked on.

Back