• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

tmpexpress.com for popunders

WabbyTwax

I was contacted by someone from www.tmpexpress.com to try their ad service so I signed up. Id like to know if anyone else has tried them and what you thought. Or if you decide to try them out please report your thoughts on them here.

I can't find any info either way on them, but they appear to be fairly new judging by the whois.
domain: tmpexpress.com
origin-c: christian@iwin.com#0
owner: Christian Oestlien
email: christian@iwin.com#0
address: 10930 Ashton Ave.
address: Apt. 301
city: Los Angeles
state: CA
postal-code: 90024
admin-c: dns-admin@flipside.com#0
tech-c: christian@iwin.com#0
billing-c: christian@iwin.com#0
nserver: a.ns.joker.com 194.176.0.2
nserver: b.ns.joker.com 194.245.101.19
nserver: c.ns.joker.com 194.245.50.1
registrar: JORE-1
created: 2002-04-05 21:30:12 UTC JORE-1
modified: 2002-05-28 23:52:09 UTC JORE-1
expires: 2004-04-05 14:29:58 UTC
source: joker.com
Be sure to keep us informed
:classic2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Jan, what if they had renewed their domain? I remember that you made the same mistake with WorldZone. :classic2:
ROTFLMAO

:biggrin2: sorry

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Jan, what if they had renewed their domain? I remember that you made the same mistake with WorldZone. :classic2:
conker, if they had been around even a year, I would probably have heard of them, or they would have come up in searches of various money making forums ;)

And WZ was a different matter if I remember correctly. Two years when it fact it was four? :p

Last edited:
I believe they are CPA (pay per action). Would be a good thing to check it out ... other pop-under programs will pay CPM and will generate more revenue! Following is what I found in their FAQ:

Q: How do I make money with TMP Express? When do I get paid?
A: As a TrafficMarketplace publisher you get paid when your site's visitors interact with the advertising content TMP serves to your site's users via pop-under ads. We bring the ad content to you and you get paid 65% of the revenue we then collect from our advertisers for each action your users perform. An action is defined differently for each advertiser, but examples include registrations, clicks, information exchange, etc. As long as you have sent a W-9 form to us for tax purposes, we pay you by check on a monthly basis provided your site's account balance exceeds $50. A W-9 form is provided with your approval e-mail message when you are accepted into our network.

TrafficMarketplace have been around for a while, but have been based at their first URL of, well, TrafficMarketplace.com:
Organization:
Flipside.com
DNS Admin
10940 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90024
US
Phone: 310-264-4300
Fax..: 310-264-4399
Email: dns-admin@flipside.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: TRAFFICMARKETPLACE.COM

Created on..............: Sun, Feb 27, 2000
Expires on..............: Thu, Feb 27, 2003
Record last updated on..: Tue, Mar 12, 2002
They were the first company to broker popups for X10, and in doing so were leaders in the market early on, with publishers as large as Yahoo! employing their services.

I'm not sure exactly why they now have two sites established to serve their market, except that TMPexpress may be aimed at smaller publishers, while the other destination continues to serve as a contact point for advertisers and the big boys.

Oh, and yes, they do seem to operate primarily (if not entirely) on a CPA basis, which dilutes their appeal somewhat.

How come they have two domain names? This is very confusing :confused2

<<edit>>I withdraw that question :)
Originally posted by Czar
I'm not sure exactly why they now have two sites established to serve their market, except that TMPexpress may be aimed at smaller publishers, while the other destination continues to serve as a contact point for advertisers and the big boys.

Last edited:
We ran them for a while on some of our gaming and celebrity sites, and they didn't convert at all. We didn't run them long, about a week, but probably gave them close to 30k impressions, and didn't make anything. Not sure what pops they run cause I didn't check it out that thoroughly. Hope that helps a bit.

If your looking for good pop networks try WebhitsDirect, Paypopup, Addynamix, and Adscpm (if you can stand there annoying pops) They all seem to count well and pay on time.

Back