• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Yep , replied with some info which might help out .
But I feel it won't be necessary , since the load time has already reduced to a considerable extent .

Best Regards,
Aloycasmir

Yes Mike, by keeping the thread active, it's becoming an event in its own right. The approach seems to keep host spam down in here. And it's surging away from the pack in viewer interest.

Hehe I'm close to the 2nd highest page views of all time, behind a Newbie admin sticky. First for a real thread!

It's been a while since I last checked FWS. This is one interesting thread. I used to offer free hosting a few years back on a one-to-one/case-by-case basis. There's no registration form or auto account creation. Can I still take part in the next round?

Hello Jiehao.

I'm learning all kinds of unique things as I run this little project. I think an unstated requirement is emerging that applicants have to be offering hosting elsewhere. I am essentially doing a rating service, so I realized it doesn't exactly accomplish anything if I am the sole client account.

I have twice had someone disappear from real hosting, but my account was lurking somewhere on their server giving false positives.

Shout out when this gets fixed. I'll pull you off for a while so that people don't stare at a big "Not Found" link. Good job with the backups though.

Study Ending with Round 2 (except an encore).

I got a chance to update my page, and a few events have happened in a short flurry, so I'll call this the end of a shorter Round 2.

http://taophoenix.paradoxservers.net/ReVision.html

Congrats to Paradox, CWahi, and IsMyWebsite. In that order but now really close together, they are my current recommendations for hosting. Darksoul is the fastest on support, CWahi apparently has the strongest back end bandwidth, and until I dig up a specialty feature, IsMyWebsite seems to be a solid midline round-out option.

Some other things that have come up:
Host Offerings.
To qualify, hosts need to actively be offering hosting. I may have a couple of coupons on exact terms, but the hosts themselves are open for sales. I retired the category where my one little site would lurk effectively as "1% advertising" grafted onto a venture that morphed out of hosting into other random things. Same situation goes with "I offer 1 at a time hosting"... there are scores of talented folks here, who can hook a computer to the net and call it a host, but I also retired "Invitation Only". That makes more sense between a client with a tough hosting need and a 1-1 provider who takes it on. It's a bit different from my study.

To qualify, the host has to stay intact. Temporary emergency solutions get kudos from me as data protection quality, but the host can't qualify for a sort of "Host Star-Search". However, owners here have often had a test venture to learn on, then nailed down the formula for the second swing at the market and gone on to fine things.

This study might be close to winding down for the goals it was designed for. Sure, elsewhere on FWS we saw some long running hosts finally collapse into the mists of time, but I trust these hosts will still be around past next Christmas. Stats wise, it's one newcomer against two much older hosts. Great stuff. But all but perhaps one of the other entrants were ALL new hosts, which quietly also indicated the purpose of my little project - to weed out the new sales hype into who solidifies for the long run.

If I do a round 3, I would now be much fiercer with the entrance requirements, but then it's more of a split of studies. Calling this some kind of minor durability certification, the proper way to do things would be to have a feeder study with newcomer applicants. However I wouldn't try to load my whole site structure onto the new entrants, and that in turn would play havoc with whether I "deserve" to lock up a whole account space. All I do know is I am out of energy for a while to fully load up a host only to have it turn into a "Flip Operation" that deliberately intends to sell out in some 7 months with "more market value because of the 100 existing clients".

Terms Studies

Please be aware my project is *not* a Terms Offered study. That's because managers can offer any plan that suits them on a whim. Currently I have terms coupons with CWahi and IsMyWebsite that as of this writing appear to be different from their off-shelf offerings. That's because off-shelf has to take on all comers including potential risks. I have found my own way to prove I am no snark, so I encourage dedicated clients to apply themselves to see what shows up.

From the early days of the study, I got several applicants with "tell me what you need". I don't like this, because the concept of a client asking for a service means he doesn't know what the state of the market is. I feel the proper way is a two-step process. Client says "give me options", Vendor opens with the shelf offerings, and then if Client has a wrinkle to solve, they figure it out. The hosts who hide behind a "tell me what you need" curtain are possibly abusive. It is a trick to deliberately play against both humble clients who get weaker than normal offerings, and enthused clients who may then be rejected as asking too much.

"3 little hosts jumping on the Net"

Seriously, only three hosts left?. Wow.

Awful pun aside, that says something about the state of the industry and my project design doesn't it?

New hosts are at awful risk to fold.

But even more telling, workload aside, I placed no initial limits on entrants! But notice how few applied! That bothers me even more, that hosts either can't be bothered (service indicator), or that they don't trust their endgame plans (durability trust).

By now I'm at least infamous, so the cricket chirping says something, compared to the overflowing ad forum!

Awful pun aside, that says something about the state of the industry and my project design doesn't it?

New hosts are at awful risk to fold.

But even more telling, workload aside, I placed no initial limits on entrants! But notice how few applied! That bothers me even more, that hosts either can't be bothered (service indicator), or that they don't trust their endgame plans (durability trust).

By now I'm at least infamous, so the cricket chirping says something, compared to the overflowing ad forum!

I believe the ad forum is at least 60% bots. But hey, I could be wrong.

Back