• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Thoughts on Freeservers.com?

Powderboy

I'm looking into free or low-cost providers. I came across Freeservers.com and they seem like a great service with short sub-domains. I'd like to hear if anyone has any complaints or praise about Freeservers.com.

It seems like most of the other free hosts either offer a crappy, super-long domain or a long sub-domain.

Please gimme your experiences. Gracias in advance!

they used to be good like 3 years ago when i tried their service but i havent tried them lately i hear they have a huge banner/ad

yeah they will be around for a long time i think because of their track record. they are very stable and use them if you aren't looking for any special features.

Thanks

I've had some friends who have used Freeservers... they have been more or less satisfied. I appreciate everyone's input.

If anyone else has opinions on Freeservers, please let me know. I'm still looking around at other hosts. I'll just sign up for a free acount and give it a test.

the banners would piss me off

they are on every page , so if you are using vertical frames , urgh all that scrolling! , not that i use vertical frames , they are quite good , but f2s do more and are without the banner ad's and f2s will be around for time to come

I was using them about a month ago and they seemed pretty good. Stats were nice, up time was decent, speed was fair but the top banner seemed pretty large (you can split it between a top and bottom banner).

I finally gave up on free hosts and decided to go with low cost hosts (HostYard, WorldZonePro) and run my own ads through CommissionJunction and Amazon. I figure that I can pay for the host and domain and have a more dependable site. So far it seems to be working.

We're taking about FREE hosting companies here... I really don't think there will be a single free hosting company that doesn't have an "annoying" banner of some sort.

I'm mostly concerned about reliability since they now offer banner-free hosting for only $5.95/month. If I like the free, I might upgrade.

I can safely say that you can do a lot better on up time and speed with a paid host for "less" than paying FreeServers $5.95 per month. Again, take a look at HostYard ($40 per year) or WorldZonePro ($48 per year).

jiminsd

I just checked out WorldZonePro... do they have traffic stats built into their control panel? If so... how are they?

Their servers are with VDI. I have an account with, below10host, another host with VDI servers and they are nice. VDI did have some problems a few months ago but that looks to be behind them now. Their servers are fast and very stable. If I had a need for another host, I would go with WorldZonePro. It is a bargain for the price (don't tell Webdude, he's liable to raise the price again).

Back