• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Those new free video hosts...

zoobie

Mile High Club
NLC
Hey -
Anyone know about these new free video hosts popping up all over the net? What's the catch? To sell your videos to foreign markets that you'll never see? Some actually assume rights...

example:
www.dailymotion.com

Last edited:
No need to post then, is there?

I think I've found out why. They're hoping to be sold down the road when the TOS is then changed:

It looks like "myspace.com" is being bought for 580 million dollars. If any of you have music posted on myspace you may want to remove it now - being bought by Fox allows Fox to use any of the songs or material you have posted on myspace.com for free (based on their TOS):

By posting Content on any public area of MySpace.com, you automatically grant as well as represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to MySpace.com, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content to MySpace.com and that MySpace.com has the right to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.

Dailymotion.com is down right now...let's hope it stays that way. Although their TOS is legit, I think the main goal was to sell down the road. Perhaps that's where the TOS gets changed like myspace.com and they try to assusme rights. I can't imagine any lawyer actually thinking this...but they're pretty weird. Maybe each pic/video would have to be copywritten in each nation they sell it to...thusly relieving them of most chances of being found out. Dunno really....just sounding off.

Comments?

stuffradio said:
580 million dollars? That's a lot of money for a domain name :O.

Well Myspace.com is a lot more then just a domain name...its sort of a phenomenon on the internet. GalaxyBay.com gets most of its traffic from myspace users. About 65% of the traffic.

Back