• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

thiscool.net

Adam

I just bought thiscool.net.. Was wondering if it might be worth something other than reg fees.

allanh, you seem to be the domain guru around here. Any ideas? Its catchy and only two words in a sequence, which I know isn't enough alone to show significant worth but I'm sure there is more to it than just those two key aspects. I think it could be marketable..

hi, Adam:

Is there any intrinsic type-in traffic to this domain?

If not, I would suggest you develop this domain. It is a nice catchy 2 word and is definitely brandable.

Google search for "thiscool" comes up with 646.

Unfortunately, without development, the intrinsic value of this domain won't be much, compounded by the fact it is a .net . (.net is typically valueing at about 20% of its .com counterpart).

The the short answer to you questions is:

1. Yes, it is a brandable domain and development is the only way its is going to be worth anything

2. Undeveloped-> reg fee

Hope this helps

hi, Adam:

Is there any intrinsic type-in traffic to this domain?

If not, I would suggest you develop this domain. It is a nice catchy 2 word and is definitely brandable.

Google search for "thiscool" comes up with 646.

Unfortunately, without development, the intrinsic value of this domain won't be much, compounded by the fact it is a .net . (.net is typically valueing at about 20% of its .com counterpart).

The the short answer to you questions is:

1. Yes, it is a brandable domain and development is the only way its is going to be worth anything

2. Undeveloped-> reg fee

Hope this helps

Thanks for the bit of info, I try to keep an eye out for short catchy domains. I plan to develop the domain but as of this moment its all up in the air as far as ideas go. I thought it may have the potential to be worth something. Someone has the .com on sedo.com for sale but accepting offers only. I had a look at the internet wayback machine, thiscool.net was developed at one time but the owner kept the content hidden. So the value didn't increase due to being hidden from the public.

I'll pull together some ideas, I think this domain has a lot of potential.

Howabout a social networking/online photo albuming/sharing.

I think that kind of thing could really work for your domain, it doesnt have the iconic ring of facebook or myspace, but it could still be something, and if you really concentrated on the picture sharing side and developed it ( and perhaps a music bit too) you might do well out of it.

Try to push it thru Sedo, and i think you'll be surprised when that for few days will collect a considerable price

Back