• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is a free reseller Q, not a request

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Eventually I want to host Strat-O-Matic replays again. For those who do not know what this is, it is a sports simulation program. My replay is a custom league, the 1986 National League, and the 4 expansion teams in their inaugural seasons.

Anywho, a typical season takes up about 2 mb space, and uses .js file for most of the page generations. See my sig for how that works.

Well the basic Q is what is an acceptable request for free resellers? I would think 250mb space isnt all that bad (25 mb per account), but would 10-20 GB transfer be too much (1-2gb per account)? I am unsure what would be acceptable for ad placement, whether on the sites main pages is sufficient ( I am not great at javascript and cannot put an ad in the .js header :()

Anyway, what are acceptable specs for free resellers, so hopefully some people may get a clue on what to request.

This is for my daughter who is buggin me to put this smilie on: :banana:

Last edited:
IMO , there shouldnt be a free reseller.
If these people sell hosting from your free reseller they profit from something they get for free & you get nearly nothing.

I am not sure what you are talking about by Strat-O-Matic & there is no link in your signature. :)

Thanks
Ishan

Odd, all I did was edit my sig earlier, ah well here it is.

Anywho I wouldnt be making the $$$ nor selling the space, it would be free hosting for fellow strat players.

Strat-O-Matic is a simulation for sports. Most people buy the comp versions for the big 4 sports, thought they have card & dice versions as well.

EDIT: Also whats makes the reseller more $$$ then regular hosting for equal space/transfer?

Last edited:
I can not see a reason why a reseller is needed for ?

Basically I would use one for allocating space and transfer to users. I had hosted replays on a free account I had a while back, but could only offer ftp access, not customization for their own site (ie if they have an actual league with multiple users, they could use a forum)

Is it http based? if so 20G would seem allright for a ad based reseller
The more bandwidth used the more clicks.

I can not see a reason why a reseller is needed for ?
it would be free hosting for fellow strat players.

IMO , there shouldnt be a free reseller.
If these people sell hosting from your free reseller they profit from something they get for free & you get nearly nothing.
That made no sence

Your request is pretty decent compared to some. I am sure you will be able to find a reliable host to host your free reseller account.

Good luck with it.

Actually, I can't really understand why you would need a reseller. You can always create separate ftp accounts, or even user some CMS software.. Anyway, if you discussed this with a few willing parties, it would be very simple to get your requested specs. I'm sure if you need more BW, the host would be able to accommodate you. Try Zoomcities if you want, they are pretty great with free stuff (i have anaccount there).

The main reason I would need one, assuming I do follow the hosting thing again, is so I can allocate space and transfer to about 10 different accounts. I dont think 1 person should host 20 seasons (about 50 MB), while another cant host 5 (about 10).

I had used a regular hosting account with titaniumhosting, and had FTP accounts for every user, but I couldnt limit how much people were using (one person had 10 seasons on, which ate up my personal space). By limiting this, it would prevent people from doing so.

Back