• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

this cannot be real *pokes himself*

well I think this host will fall FLAT on there face! :biggrin2:

well actully it may make it... It hosted at home probably an old computer... So all this may be is his spare time hobby thing... only problem with that is when the server goes down

Last edited:
Originally posted by FlatFace

o.o.. Are you saying FWS is the Slashdot of free web host providers?

scared = me.

i'm gonna make some more coffee

I woulden't term it like that, but basically anyone serious about free web hosting does go here... if you survive FWS you will survive anywhere else :p

Now I only await MySQL... so I can do my member's database, forum, news script, and such, and my site will be fully ready on your server. Not quite as fast after Friday, but still pretty good in comparison to other hosts.. at least for now. Apparently slow in accepting mysql.. I hope my request wasn't lost after you changed who accepts them, and I did have a nice little description of it.. if my request was lost, will I be allowed to send another? :/

If I was denied.. well, I can't imagine why I would be, so if I don't get a confirmation in 3 days, can I send another request just on the off chance that no one received it as you changed who handles them?

Now was when I wanted to work on it.. meh.

Cyan's not a bad person. Cyan's actually quite nice, the problem is, when you've got so many things to take care of, it does get irritating to keep being asked the same question when they tell you where you should go for tech support.
Flat..I'm surprised he hasn't gone mad yet. Its quite amazing how well the enter FlatFace.Net staffs work though. Its very stressful.

*Looks at the site*

Wow. That's..... some host. :eek:

But, this whole topic seems to be going very fast. Things that go fast tend to trip. Just be careful.

So this thing's server is at your house? The site and the server look a little makeshift ina few ways.

*cough*
http://www.flatface.net/shatner/index.html
ok......

What's the bandwidth on this place?

Originally posted by Jan
If they don't, then you must. I got two popups and a Gator download prompt. Maybe it came from acidmist ad?

We dont have gator pops, and definitely do not support spyware. It was only there for a few days because one of my sponsor added gator without me knowing. It's gone now.

that server is okay, but i guess it would be better if there was more ram in it. personally i would also co-lo the box instead of using your home connection.

That is not to say that i dont have something like it myself as well. I have a 500 Mhz, 256 MB ram, 8+6 GB Hd running just to host IRC stuff and mess around with. It is a lot of fun. I only need to get it back up.

I host all this on my stable home cable. i do shell trading and mostly also give shells out to friends of mine.

It eats bandwith really fast with all the eggdrops and stuff running.

Hmmm.... no reply yet.

Notice all these last-minute bezerk statements like "we will host your site UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, CGI, PHP, FTP" or "WE HAVE EVERYTHING". What's with all these topics coming up with that kind of stuff all od a sudden?

I checked out all those topics claiming to give away things you wouldn't even get with normal paid hosting, only expensive hosting. No replys to any emails in the past 3 days. :p

Well...sign ups would be slow...considering mass applications FlatFace has been receiving. Service will not be the best on any free web host as with flexibility.

don't read: hehe...everyone should go paid

In defense of Flat

First off, Flat's not mean he's just frazzled, which is VERY understandable considering the mail/app-load of late.

He and all the other FF.net crew are doing a damn fine job IMHO; they're a bitchin host, they're cheap/free, and they're always hangin in the tech chat to help ppl.

I submitted my free account app 3 days ago or so and I'm not EVEN gonna complain if *SHAZZAM* it wasn't processed the same day cuz A) they're BUSY B) it's free and C) patience is a virtue.

And now I've changed my mind after checkin out their premium specs; if I can get that kind of hosting for the same cost per year as a carton of cigs I'm IN! Worst-case scenario: I'm out 20 bux.

Hooray for Flatface.net! :classic2:

Yea, there still up. They have been up for 8 months, why would they be down this one?

I help with the tech support on flatface.net, its no secret why cyan gets touchy. When so many people ask the same thing, or don't read instructions, its very annoying.

Originally posted by Daniel

:nervous: What's the connection of that thing? And I sure as hell hope it ain't running KDE or Gnome.

i suggest not to be surprised if it does run KDE or GNOME. ON the server page it did say that the speakers were used to blast music.

Originally posted by Pests
Yea, there still up. They have been up for 8 months, why would they be down this one?

I help with the tech support on flatface.net, its no secret why cyan gets touchy. When so many people ask the same thing, or don't read instructions, its very annoying.

People reading instructions, that is like impossible these days. People these days dont read but try to do it, then when it dont work go to the tech support. Lots of games, os's and everything has manuals or guides, but noone folows them. For the tech support it can be very annoying and piss them off as well.

Originally posted by Pests
It is also annoying when tech support get the same questions from different people and show how unprofessional they are in their response. Employ people who have the patience to deal with "annoying" questions. Not everyone was born knowing all the answers.

Patience in business will win always and give you a very good name and lots of referrals. From what I have heard of these free hosts, even if I was desperate, I wouldn't use them. I would stick to the tried and true Tripod, Geocities etc :devious2:

Back