• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Things I need to Destroy

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
It's gotta be Reality TV. If I have to see another Survivor or American Idol or anything like that, I'm going to buy a bowling ball, get a good grip on it, and proceed to hurl it through my TV.

put it through someone else's TV.

Add those dating shows like blind date and elimidate on the list too. thomse anger me.

not a great fan of reality tv, i'm not sure why ppl get such a thrill out of it, expect for those who only have no life. :rolleyes: i really wonder what they'll do next. Actually on second thought don't answer that.

ugh...the things people will do for money.

the newest on is Joe Millionaire. Which of course is looking pretty shitty. But though I haven't really attempted to grasp the concept, isn't this pretty much the same idea as that Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire bullshit they had a couple of years back? That worked out well...:rolleyes:

</rant>

The only entertaining bits are the lawsuits that follow, only in the extent to which they show how contestants must not have read a word of the contract they signed their rights away on. There's your real reality.

I watched an episode of Survivor. Stupid as hell. I've never seen American Idol/Pop Idol, but I have seen enough commercials for it to feel myself thoroughly aquatinted with its stupidity and the obvious fact that its clearly winning and loosing contestants are planted. I watched a number of Castaway episodes (one of the first, if not the first, of the reality TV lot). It's premise was at least feigning realism, but it was still overtly melodramatic.

This new brand of reality TV-- like Joe Millionaire-- reality paired with falsity... I don't see the point, isn't that what it's always been?

my guess always was that reality TV sprung off from the popularity of some 24/7 webcam sites from around 1996-98. It was boring then, it's still boring now

(I tried to find a page with some kind of history of reality TV but had no luck so I'm sticking with my "theory" for now :D)

Originally posted by Dusty
This new brand of reality TV-- like Joe Millionaire-- reality paired with falsity... I don't see the point, isn't that what it's always been?

Well, they try to deny any falsity I imagine, but only the people who get excited about these shows don't see how evident it is. The rest of us know Survivor's fixed, or the chick with the biggest boobs is gonna win some "poor bachelor's" heart...

Bah, I hate reality shows... but btw, Joe MIllionaire is about a construction worker, who makes 19,000 a year, but they gave him this huge mansion and nice clothes and stuff, and they told 20 girls that he is a multimillionaire, and theyre all competing for him (or maybe for hes money! :p ) . At the end, he'll tell them the truth, and see what happens. But Fox took what seemed like somewhat of a good idea, and crapped it up like only Fox can.

Originally posted by shizzle
Bah, I hate reality shows... but btw, Joe MIllionaire is about a construction worker, who makes 19,000 a year, but they gave him this huge mansion and nice clothes and stuff, and they told 20 girls that he is a multimillionaire, and theyre all competing for him (or maybe for hes money! :p ) . At the end, he'll tell them the truth, and see what happens. But Fox took what seemed like somewhat of a good idea, and crapped it up like only Fox can.

I'm not sure that it was originally a good idea that Fox crapped on...I don't know, I just want it to end.

Yeah I'm in the UK we get every kinda bullshit here..

Big Brother (will be on series 4 in summer)
Pop Idol (second one)
Popstars: The Rivals (boy and girl band fight for xmas no.1)
The Salon (a hairdressers with cams and mics)
Survivor (which is actually quite good here..)

The list of shit goes on.. but the thing is, everyone loves 'em.

That's the problem. There are a lot of people that like them, and believe that it is in fact "reality", and they come in masses, which is why we still have it...this is also why we still have boy bands...

I thought the first season of survivor was good, but the rest of the reality TV shows are crap.

With the exception of 'Cheaters', because that is the most entertaining show on television.

Back