• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

These plans aight for VPS? (4 Plans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
Plan 1
5GB HDD / or 25GB
256MB Ram
512MB Ram Burst
125GB Bandwidth
2 Ips
$12.00/month

Plan 2
10GB HDD / Or 50GB
512MB Ram
1GB Ram Burst
250GB Bandwidth
3 Ips
$19.99/month

Plan 3
20GB HDD / Or 100GB
1GB Ram
2GB Ram Burst
500GB Bandwidth
3 Ips
$37.50/month

Plan 4
40GB HDD / Or 200GB
2GB Ram
4GB Burst
1000GB Bandwidth
3 IPs
$69.99 /month

I could upgrade HDD and offer 2-4x the space per plan(200GB HDD on plan 4 etc)... HDD would be slightly slower..
This is also allowing myself room for deals as the top plan even has a 100% cost price mark up.. :fangel:
I based this off one offer, butttt I also looked around at the cost of "ok" hardware and I can have these types of plans while I buy the hardwareee from elsewhere too...
Its tooooo costly to rent anything.

Last edited:
I guess it all comes down to how much you are paying each month for your node, and how many clients you can fit on the node (without overselling), and still gain profit.

Thats without overselling a thing..
I cant believe the diff in cost owning your own hardware can do.
Well I think what I will do is go with this. On the server im buying in question, see how it gos...

Last edited:
I fink you're giving em too much RAM... I've seen people RUSHING to get this kind of RAM for this kind of prices lol...

I do hope they rush, since Im spending 3/4th of a paycheck getting it setup :p
Anyway, I dont know if Im doing it yet, the host in question is down right now??????
Not what I want to see 4 days before buying a colo server off them :|

Last edited:
The configurations of these VPS and especially the pricing refers to overselling. I hope this will stay in shared hosting and will not spread out in VPS class.

You really cannot oversell VPS as most clients will actually use what is alloted. If they oversell, then I expect that host to fall rather quickly.

You really cannot oversell VPS as most clients will actually use what is alloted. If they oversell, then I expect that host to fall rather quickly.

No, its possible. With OpenVZ, all resources are shared. And on the top of it, any process using more resources is killed..

Though, this isn't the case with xen, it just knows "dedicated" resources.

Ahh I forgot about that. They could oversell it slightly, but overselling TOO much could be detrimental to the company.

Co-location costs aren't exactly the cheapest thing in the world and I think the difference in money saved between owning hardware and leasing is only reflected in the long run.

And I guess it depends on your hardware, if you're getting second hand equipment then I guess so. But if your expecting a fast payback, I suggest you think again.

I have worked out a new plan system (Slightly more $) but yeah better HDD.
AND No that wasnt oversold :)
I am renting hardware for now, I live to fair away to bother owning hardware.

if you're going to own hardware, I suggest you buying new boxes as the old ones(second hand) are something not working-so-well. (Thats the reason--in mst of the cases---the previous owner is selling 'em :))

Thats without overselling a thing..
I cant believe the diff in cost owning your own hardware can do.
Well I think what I will do is go with this. On the server im buying in question, see how it gos...

Some systems vps you can't oversell. It looks good CNR

Hi!
I think the critical thing a vps host needs to realize is simple: These systems are not set-and-forget systems...they must be managed.

In regards to openvz, I can tell you for a fact:

1) One vps can consume 100% of the cpu and bandwidth

2) One poorly-configured vps can overload the server

It's up to you to make sure everything is setup correctly. It is up to you to develop a system to monitor server load and be able to react to a abuser *before* you get the imfamous client message: My vps is down.

Bryon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back