• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TheHostingTool - Free Automated Webhosting Script

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
img_03.png

What is it?
The Hosting Tool is a very new script, launched on the 3rd of December 2008 claiming to provide the next generation in free, hosting scripts. It provides you, the webhost complete automation on everything you want it to do. So that means, signup, monthly posts checking, suspension. While it does that, it provides client features like the client control panel that gives the power to the clients hands in what they want to do. They can check their monthly forum posts, edit their details, check announcements. The Hosting Tool also has frequent update and support from the community.

Main Features
Some of THT's main features are:
  • Direct Intergration with cPanel/WHM & DirectAdmin
  • P2H Signup/Monthly with all popular forum boards
  • Fully AJAX/JS order form! Has no load times at all, does it all with one page load. Thats to load it up to start.
  • Fully featured & powerful Admin Control Panel
  • Easy to use and powerful Client Area
  • Feature filled Support Center

Download
To download THT, just click the link below and it'll send you to the latest version:
Download Link

Last edited:
THT now can be downloaded with the new version 1.1.2! This marks a milestone with the new install/upgrade script that will hopefully wipe all previous problems away. This version is soley for the problem with install script but also contains several new features because it was a dump of v1.2.

Changelog:
1) table.tpl, sub.tpl now can be theme dependant
2) Reloaded2 imported into THT
3) Theme system now overides tpl's if they exist in theme/tpl
1) Cleaned up CSS, added Developer Notes
2) Admin Dashboard ReDesign
3) Added Support Area Settings in ACP
4) Support area can be disabled in ACP
6) jQuery UI Implemented
8) GeSHi Syntax Highlight Implemented
9) THTReloaded 1.2 Style

Note: Sorry about the number inregualrities there. Some features from 1.2 was taken out.

Download v1.1.2!

Although this is new, it can still be quite a pain to setup. But, it does have potential as far as I could see.

Although this is new, it can still be quite a pain to setup. But, it does have potential as far as I could see.
Please explain about more into detail Schmarvin, all this feedback will be taken into account next version.

1.2 Devlopment returned to full swing!

We have a new main devleoper Rich! (Richard on FWS).

He's working to get 1.2 out into the publics hands to enjoy new features like paid hosting since I personally are short on time. He's a very experienced PHP programmer and is honered to be on the team.

We'll be looking forward to releasing 1.2 as soon as we can!

Thanks,
Jonny

TheHostingTool - Back on Track

Many people have been using the version 1.1 of THT for many months now and even may off moved off due to the recent lack of development and support I couldn't personally provide.

Now I can officially announce that, THT is back on track and aiming for a new version in the next month or so. It is now being developed by a team of very aible people who can churn out versions faster and more bug free than I ever could.

So if anyone thought THT is dead, you're wrong!

To keep track on the upcoming version look here:
http://thehostingtool.com/site/tracker.html

Thanks,
Jonny & THT Developer Team

The Hosting Tool V1.2 is at 80% completion. It will be released within the next months, the new development team is being rather slow.

The Hosting Tool V1.2 is at 80% completion. It will be released within the next months, the new development team is being rather slow.
So, building a whole paid/invocie system and many other minor customisations in around 2month is slow?

I think other wise ;)

Lets not forget about:

* A completely new and improved Look and Feel center with many new features
* A complete XML-API system for securely interfacing with THT from remote applications.

in addition to some nice visual stuff and fixing of most of 1.1's known bugs.

Yeah, TheHostingTool is really awesome hosting script without paying any fees. I always choose the open-source scripts more than commercial :fangel:

Anyone knows how to make THT stop using a redirect ? The THT redirects you from the homepage to order page or client area.

THT doesn't actually have a homepage, but to stop the redirect, open up index.php in your root THT directory and on line 16 you should see the following:
PHP:
        $main->redirect($page);

Comment that out or delete it.

Thank you, I will consider that. Will comment that line if I find some time and inspiration to design a home page to fit with design of THT. +rep added for helping me.

Back