• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

the world has a great future?

laine

ya
what do you think?
Imho it doesn't really have

ya think that if computers rule the world, life would be great? just thot about this

teacher just asked about this topic today for discussion, so vague

Computers rule most peoples jobs and lifes ... answer great for some but those who wish to ignore computers i dont think its good for them.

computer politics?

computers couldn't make a worse job than people so I'm for them being in charge - as long as they get to program themselves.

ya....
mmm
does the world have a great future?
pollution, losing resources... mmm all sorts of stuff

yeah, so long as man can be able to control computers, it's ok

One thing bad about computers is that they're causing a lot of unemployment. Manual labour once needed for the creation of materials is now replaced by computers. All those people who worked there now have no jobs.

For every job that a computer replaces, another job is created for the person who has to maintain it.

I think it all depends on your outlook. If you choose the right area to get educated in you will not be without a job.

Originally posted by laine
ya agree

so probably eventually everyone would be unemployed?
Some people still have to run the computers... But I don't know what all the others would do. Perhaps we'll live in a world where we don't have to work and robots will grow food for us.

that would s*ck bigtime, you'd have to go to school and when you get back home you have nothing else to do, just learn and maybe play outside or something like that but here in belgium that's only going to happen in the summer (if it isn't raining that is)

We'll all be long since dead by the time that computers and machines replace everybody's job (if that day will ever come). People have had the fear of machines taking over everyone's job since the early stages of the industrial revolution. Anybody ever see the old Charlie Chaplin movie called "modern times" ?

One thing I've come to observe is that people go crazy with predictions about technology. They always say the worst thing will happen, and it never does. Surely we all remember y2k!

dunno
i was using windows 95 then
and i got this sth sth y2k windows 95 update
i wasn't affected

anyone who was?

I had one of the 1st versions of win95 and no patch & my pc was fine.

I think that before computers 'rule' the world, maybe one person will. Kinda like Bill Gates but more successful. Patent on a successful nuclear fusion reactor, anyone?

surely if we survived y2k nothing can go wrong ever!! :cool:

Today I have decided not to be my usual sceptical self

Back