• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The recent WHM/cPanel update - WHM 11.34.0 (build 9)

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
I know the WHM/cPanel WHM 11.34.0 (build 9) update has been out a few weeks now, only really had a good look at the update tonight. Busy

Firstly I do not like the new layout, looks like a touch screen orientated optimisation, Maybe that`s the intention. Also I have noticed memory loads have most definitely been optimised, noticed around a 15% drop on average memory loads.

How are you guys finding it? What are the pros & cons?

Haven't noticed memory drop on any server. I also dislike the layout and color scheme in general.

The cpanel works the same as before but yes the color combination looks a little weird.

As far as memory drops is concerned, no I havent experienced any.

you would not notice to much changes except interface.
But if you look at their changes, actually is a big move. For example the support of webdisk in windows vista and above.

I see not much difference for the CPU and memory usage compared to older version and this latest ones.

Interesting...I upgraded all our servers tonight to 11.34.0 (Build 11), and about half our servers are showing a very significant reduction in memory usage. Several servers are actually using about 1/3 of the memory they were using before the update. The others are still showing no difference. Strange that some would get that much of a reduction but nothing on the others. Ah well.

Interesting...I upgraded all our servers tonight to 11.34.0 (Build 11), and about half our servers are showing a very significant reduction in memory usage. Several servers are actually using about 1/3 of the memory they were using before the update. The others are still showing no difference. Strange that some would get that much of a reduction but nothing on the others. Ah well.

Did a test bench server running CentOS 6 and another running Ubuntu. Tried both running the new cPanel build. Did not like it. Very little memory improvement on both servers. There is a slight improvement, but not as much as what they say. Another note, the layout is...well, lacking. I preferred the old style and layout of things.

Back